Cant Kill The Stinking Ghost Help

BELIAL

I HAVE A TEAC 80-8 DECK THE PROPLEM I HAVE IS TRACKS 5 & 6 DO NOT ERASE COMPLEATLY LEVING A GHOST OF TRACS B4 HOW DO I KILL THE GHOST DO I NEED ALIGNMENT HOW MUCH IS THAT GONA COST AS MUCH AS THE DECK WHERE WOULD I GO ABOUT FINDING TECH DO THAY STILL EXIST ANY INFO WOULD BE APREACHED BY THE WAY IF ANY ONE HAS A TEAC 80-8 MANUAL THAY COULD MAKE A COPY AND EMAIL TO ME ID APREACHEATE IT ANY ONE THANX :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dear God Why Do People Think Using The Internet Gives Them Relief From Having To Use Puncuation Dont They Realize That It Makes It So Much Harder To Read I Mean If They Want People To Give Up Their Time And Help Them Maybe They Could Offer The Consideration Of Proper English Is That Too Much To Ask It Drives Me Nuts And Whats Up With The Caps Lock Thing

:)

The Un-punk-tual

WHATS UP W/ THE CAPS I LIKE THEM Y B SO ANAL N E WAY DONT SWEAT THE SML SHIT YOUL LIVE LONGER THANX FROM BELIAL THE UN PUNK TUAL:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

At first I thought he was trying to kill the Ghost of FM... glad it's just his tape machine.

-MD

Ha. I thought for a moment when I read the title that he was talking about The Ghost of FM too, but I thought it was like a "can't keep a good man down" kinda thing.

BELIAL BEST BET IS TO CONTACT TASCAM IN CALI THEY HAVE THE MANUALS OR TRY AND FIND A USED ORIGINAL DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO SAVE $ ON A COPY YOU'LL END UP HAVING MISSING PAGES OR DETAIL ON THE SCHEMATICS THAT YOU CAN'T READ WHAT PART OF THE WORLD ARE IN SO WE CAN RECOMMEND A TECH I'M ASSUMING YOU HAVE CLEANED THE HEADS REALLYREALLY GOOD AND HAVE DEMAGNETIZED YER TAPE PATH WITH A PROPER DEMAG UNIT THAT IS THE PLACE TO START

Hm...*sigh*...nope, I think I like the other way better. :p

WHATS UP W/ THE CAPS I LIKE THEM Y B SO ANAL N E WAY DONT SWEAT THE SML SHIT YOUL LIVE LONGER THANX FROM BELIAL THE UN PUNK TUAL:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

At some point in your life, you're probably going to want a job that pays enough to buy a house and take care of your children. No one that I know who earns a nice living speaks or writes like that. It's difficult to read, and gives everyone the impression you are some punk kid. You came here to ask a question and few would help you because of how you communicate.

Y B SO ANAL? Because the real world works better for people who follow normal, adult protocols. :)

(Sorry to vent. Pent-up frustration over reading too many posts typed that way. Had to take it out on someone).

i live in orange co ca zip 92683 i have a demagnitizer i think its a realistic it has ruber tip and lights up i also have a test tone tape plays 0 vu records tone at 0vu but also ghost remains could it be maby the erase head needs ajust ive cleand heads but not demagnitized thanx belial

Demagnetizing the heads will solve the problem, you need to calibrate the azimut, bias, etc.. in order to solve your problem. BTW that guy is right about the punctuation, is hard to understand man, we are trying to help but its hard to read what you are saying.

Okay, guys, so anybody know a good tech around Orange County if Belial needs it?

Belial, I just went through a whole wacky ordeal with my 58...a really wierd clicking problem and it turned out to be a magnetization issue. Demagging, really good careful demagging solved it, with a good demag unit (Han-D-Mag).

Can you put up a pic of your demag unit? This is important...If it is the one I'm thinking of it will get the job done for you, but if not it is literally a waste of time to use it. Are you comfortable with your demag technique? In order to solve the problem on my 58 I had to follow the advice of Analog Kid and literally spend 5-10 seconds on each head...not headstack, but each of the 8 little strips on each of the three heads slowly going back and forth over the strip and then moving to the next strip and once all 8 were done on that stack then it was on to the next stack...you do the math but I was at the heads with the probe for 2 ~ 3 minutes just doing the heads.

I'm sure there are other ways to check and see if the right amount of current is going to each of the 8 heads in the erase headstack, but that is beyond me at this point.

Hey thanks for meeting us halfway and not typing in all caps...it doesn't feel like you are shouting anymore...now you just seem amped because you never take a breath. :D Its all good. ;):p

dude you need demag like totally bad

how large is your demagger with the rubber tip?

i suggest you use it like every other day or at least on the weekends.

if its too small then forget it

mmmmm....can you measure it for me?

thnx

Back