Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cant Kill The Stinking Ghost Help

Thanks

Cant Kill The Stinking Ghost Help

Sign in to disable this ad
    I HAVE A TEAC 80-8 DECK THE PROPLEM I HAVE IS TRACKS 5 & 6 DO NOT ERASE COMPLEATLY LEVING A GHOST OF TRACS B4 HOW DO I KILL THE GHOST DO I NEED ALIGNMENT HOW MUCH IS THAT GONA COST AS MUCH AS THE DECK WHERE WOULD I GO ABOUT FINDING TECH DO THAY STILL EXIST ANY INFO WOULD BE APREACHED BY THE WAY IF ANY ONE HAS A TEAC 80-8 MANUAL THAY COULD MAKE A COPY AND EMAIL TO ME ID APREACHEATE IT ANY ONE THANX

Thanks
    Dear God Why Do People Think Using The Internet Gives Them Relief From Having To Use Puncuation Dont They Realize That It Makes It So Much Harder To Read I Mean If They Want People To Give Up Their Time And Help Them Maybe They Could Offer The Consideration Of Proper English Is That Too Much To Ask It Drives Me Nuts And Whats Up With The Caps Lock Thing

Thanks
    DUDE YOU NEED ALIGNMENT BAD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leddy View Post
    And Whats Up With The Caps Lock Thing
    Maybe he's using an IBM 7090, which doesn't suppose lowercase?

Thanks
    At first I thought he was trying to kill the Ghost of FM... glad it's just his tape machine.

-MD

Thanks

Cool The Un-punk-tual

WHATS UP W/ THE CAPS I LIKE THEM Y B SO ANAL N E WAY DONT SWEAT THE SML SHIT YOUL LIVE LONGER THANX FROM BELIAL THE UN PUNK TUAL

Thanks
    At first I thought he was trying to kill the Ghost of FM... glad it's just his tape machine.

-MD
    Ha. I thought for a moment when I read the title that he was talking about The Ghost of FM too, but I thought it was like a "can't keep a good man down" kinda thing.

BELIAL BEST BET IS TO CONTACT TASCAM IN CALI THEY HAVE THE MANUALS OR TRY AND FIND A USED ORIGINAL DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO SAVE $ ON A COPY YOU'LL END UP HAVING MISSING PAGES OR DETAIL ON THE SCHEMATICS THAT YOU CAN'T READ WHAT PART OF THE WORLD ARE IN SO WE CAN RECOMMEND A TECH I'M ASSUMING YOU HAVE CLEANED THE HEADS REALLYREALLY GOOD AND HAVE DEMAGNETIZED YER TAPE PATH WITH A PROPER DEMAG UNIT THAT IS THE PLACE TO START

Hm...*sigh*...nope, I think I like the other way better.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BELIAL View Post
    WHATS UP W/ THE CAPS I LIKE THEM Y B SO ANAL N E WAY DONT SWEAT THE SML SHIT YOUL LIVE LONGER THANX FROM BELIAL THE UN PUNK TUAL
    At some point in your life, you're probably going to want a job that pays enough to buy a house and take care of your children. No one that I know who earns a nice living speaks or writes like that. It's difficult to read, and gives everyone the impression you are some punk kid. You came here to ask a question and few would help you because of how you communicate.

Y B SO ANAL? Because the real world works better for people who follow normal, adult protocols.

(Sorry to vent. Pent-up frustration over reading too many posts typed that way. Had to take it out on someone).

Thanks
    i live in orange co ca zip 92683 i have a demagnitizer i think its a realistic it has ruber tip and lights up i also have a test tone tape plays 0 vu records tone at 0vu but also ghost remains could it be maby the erase head needs ajust ive cleand heads but not demagnitized thanx belial

Thanks
    Demagnetizing the heads will solve the problem, you need to calibrate the azimut, bias, etc.. in order to solve your problem. BTW that guy is right about the punctuation, is hard to understand man, we are trying to help but its hard to read what you are saying.

Thread Information