Can someone tell me why this thing is 6 grand?!!

of course there is also this subtle use of a groundbreaking concept;
the endless pentatonic noodle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWQiGQSUyk
Note how the conductor is rapt with admiration for the inventive expression of anglo angst
and the contributions from the drummer cant be overlooked either.
I'll bet the string section was also impressed.

Even though these days there are thousands of different distortion boxes, modelers, power soaks,
variacs, hand wired boutique amp creations, plus millions of pickup, string, and guitar options, you cant possibly achieve this heroic monument to tone without
dragging around a modified tape deck.

Hey stevestrats,

sorry to be so snarky.

Apparantly a lot of people still like this kind of guitar playing.

I complain a lot about how audiunces dont pay attention any more,
but i dont think this approach to guitar would really grab a hold of
peoples imagination now like it did 35 years ago.

There are just so many great guitarists now with technique, tone, original
phrasing, and that know how to construct a solo that really takes you somewhere. And know how to leave some space to let it breath.

This stuff just seems silly to me with my contemporary eyes and ears.

i dont get whats so remarkable about his tone.
but thats just me of ourse.

Hey stevestrats,

sorry to be so snarky.

Apparantly a lot of people still like this kind of guitar playing.
Hey zorf, doesn't bother me in the slightest, everybody has their preference. I like the Blackmore Rainbow era of the late '70s and I admit I'm kinda stuck in a time warp, it's what I grew up with.

of course there is also this subtle use of a groundbreaking concept;
the endless pentatonic noodle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWQiGQSUyk
Note how the conductor is rapt with admiration for the inventive expression of anglo angst
and the contributions from the drummer cant be overlooked either.
I'll bet the string section was also impressed.

Holy crap. I actually like Blackmore, Rainbow, and much of the Deep Purple catalog (that live in Japan record they released is pretty amazing), but that is one of the worst solo's I've ever heard. It sounds like he just learned that pentatonic scale and wants to show everyone... again and again and again.

That's because he was probably Googling that deck to find some pricing and info, and he turned up this old thread, saw that some idiot listed his deck for $6k nine years ago....and figured $4.5k would be a sure thing to list his at. :laughings:

There's this belief that any old piece of junk has extreme value on eBay, and even when ridiculously and ignorantly overpriced, that there is some "collector" out there, stupid and obsessed enough to just have to have this rusty, deteriorating, worthless pile of junk....for $4.5k.

That thing would not even be good as a doorstop....it would get your floor dirty. :p

Back