BRC as sync box

Thrust

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can a brc be used as a stand alone sync box without an adat attached. Is there any way to hack a brc to do just generic sync duties? Can it recieve a symte stripe from tape and send out mtc, midi clock adat sync, word clock, etc etc etc...... surely someone has figured out something to do with all the old brc floating around.

Its been years since adat was discontinued. No one has figured out a way to hack a brc yet to make use of them. From what I remember they were a phenomenol sychronization unit. It would be a shame if they all just end up on the trash heap. Or at least I think so.

AFIAK some gear *can* use "ADAT sync" e.g. I have an older Creamware sound card, that I'm pretty sure has a 9pin jack for "ADAT" sync. Not sure if this is the same thing or not or what. Also, the sync card connects by a ribbon cable to an IDC connector that says "ADAT sync" so I'm guessing that if you really wanted to you could use it. I suppose it is worth looking into.

Last edited:
But the problem is most people report a brc doesnt work without an adat connected so it can conduct a digital handshake proceedure. I dont own a brc now but I see them selling for 100 dolares or less everywhere. Its feature set is wow, wow , wow. I cant believe in all these years no one has come up with a use for these.

Back