Bouncing tracks on a Tascam 244

Se7en-Costanza

Hey guys,

I recently fixed up a Tascam 244 and am trying to learn all its features, especially bouncing down tracks, I understand how to e.g bounce tracks 1-3 onto the blank 4th track, but it is possible to bounce say tracks 1-3 to 4 with 4 already having recorded material I want to keep on it. So all 4 bounce bounce down to one without erasing what’s on the 4th track?

Also is it possible to e.g. bounce tracks 1-3 onto 4 while recording a whole new track with it?

I know these 2 things are possible with later models but wondered if it were possible.

Thanks

Hi,

The first thing you asked about - bouncing all four tracks to track four and keeping the material that was on track four - is not possible on the 244. In fact, it's not possible on any tape recorder at all. I think you may be thinking of a digital recorder with virtual tracks possibly.

The second thing you asked about - bouncing tracks 1-3 to 4 while recording something new on track 4 is possible. Do you have the manual? It should show you how to do that.

Back