Beck and Reel Person Do Over?

B

Beck

I think it was very big of Reel to offer an olive branch in the middle of a firefight. I'm all for putting that now infamous flaming thread behind us -- may it die a thousand deaths. I said some things I shouldn't have said regardless. I think the last thing any of us needs or came here for in the first place is discouragement.

My Ted Nugent approach to some of these issues is intended to be salient and sometimes outrageous, but upon reflection I realize it doesn't work for everyone. I also admit getting exasperated at times after answering the same question 100 times. I know I do have a pretty strong point of view. My analog vs. digital perspective is certainly unmovable and I can see how my enthusiasm for a given approach could be interpreted as stubborn and opinionated (which I probably am).

In the interest of making this board and others that we meet a happier place I'm really going to try to check myself that I don't get on a soapbox.

Most importantly I just want to say to Reel that I'm sorry too. Maybe we could rewind this thing back to before we began misunderstanding each other.

-Tim

Well said, Tim and I sure am glad you'll be staying on for the long haul. :)

Ok, GROUP HUG everybody! (In the most manly way of course .. :D ).

~Daniel :)

Okay!

I honestly have no problem with Beck.

We've misunderstood each other a few times, but I'm often to blame, because I only skim some longer posts. Alternately, sometimes I focus in on a post and get tunnel vision. I'm less complete and comprehensive of a poster and post-analyst than Beck. I'm an amatuer, from beginning to end, and e'thing I've learned or acquired has been by way of DIY. What I say, at any time, should be analyzed and verified, & not taken as gospel. I may be happy with close approximations on some things*, while Beck often drives for exactness. Recognize our differences, and that often our skills and points of view complement each other.

There's room for e'body in this big home recording world. Thanx. ;)

*... 'cept when I calibrate an analog tape unit, which I'll spend countless HOURS on to get EXACTLY spot-on, for 0:0 response!! ;)

Beck said:
I also admit getting exasperated at times after answering the same question 100 times. I know I do have a pretty strong point of view. My analog vs. digital perspective is certainly unmovable and I can see how my enthusiasm for a given approach could be interpreted as stubborn and opinionated (which I probably am).

Speaking for those of us who are relatively new to the board, we certainly appreciate your patience when answering the same question over and over. It may be old to you but it's fresh and important to us. Thanks!!! ;) ;) Dave

up-fiddler said:
Speaking for those of us who are relatively new to the board, we certainly appreciate your patience when answering the same question over and over. It may be old to you but it's fresh and important to us. Thanks!!! ;) ;) Dave

Believe it or not the thrill is not gone. I'm just thinking about the search feature in particular. There are some absolutely brilliant posts from members going way back before I was a member. Some no longer participate so their knowledge can only be found in archival form. For those of us that are still active we have often treated a subject in great detail in the past. Our subsequent posts on a subject may be less extensive since we feel we've said it better before.

On the other hand I know the search feature is not perfect and some of our newer friends aren't even sure what to search for. I'm trying to keep that in mind.

Thanks for the perspective,

-Tim

Back