Attention: Track Rat

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
Hi Mike,

I hope all is well on your side ? :)

Just a quick question, if you don't mind: How were you able to stay perfectly in the correct tempo to the original "Is it so strange" when you re-recorded the song ? You must have monitored the original in "real time", didn't you ? If you did, then how ? Headphones ? Any details will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Daniel :)

I put the original tune in my headphones and and just played along with it. It made it easier to attempt to "clone" it.

Track Rat said:
I put the original tune in my headphones and and just played along with it. It made it easier to attempt to "clone" it.

Technically though, did you leave one "cup" off one ear when recording or ...?

Thanks! :)

Daniel

Not really. Just set the playback of the original track low in the phones just so I knew where I was and such. Once I had the piano in I could ditch the original tune and dub in the guitar over the piano tarck. Then I came back and did the brushes.

Track Rat said:
Not really. Just set the playback of the original track low in the phones just so I knew where I was and such. Once I had the piano in I could ditch the original tune and dub in the guitar over the piano tarck. Then I came back and did the brushes.

Didn't the original (in the phones) "mask" your piano when re-recording, even at low volumes ? Was it kinda tough to hear ?

~Daniel

I've never had a problem with it. It's pretty easy for me to "muscle thru" just about anything regardless of what or how I'm monitoring. I know a lot of folks are more sensitive to how they monitor but as long as I can hear the occassional down beat, I can sync.

Track Rat said:
I've never had a problem with it. It's pretty easy for me to "muscle thru" just about anything regardless of what or how I'm monitoring. I know a lot of folks are more sensitive to how they monitor but as long as I can hear the occassional down beat, I can sync.

There's a word for persons like you .... GENIOUS! :D ;)

Thanks again Mike.

~Daniel :)

Back