Anyone have a spare tascam tsr-8 control board they'd like to sell?

Easy-out

Hello friends, I have a tsr-8 that I accidentally shorted out while checking voltage readings with a multimeter.. pretty sure I fried a logic chip and from what I understand logic chips in a tsr-8 can't be swapped out as they are pre programmed for tascam specs ... will pay top dollar, thanks

Hello, I'm new to this discussion, however think I'll be around a piece. I've gotten some incredible data here.. be that as it may, I'm sufficiently baffled to begin my own string. Any TSR-8 fans out there? I as of late gained a Tascam TSR-8, that hadn't been started up in more than ten years. I'm eager to get it ready for action.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Contact Audio Pros in MA or Reelprosoundguys as they may have one parted out. This part is not a common part and it is not likely to be found easily.
Why not just fix it.

I'm getting voltage readings on the soldering joints of the 'P1' plug in, pin '1' is supposed to get 5v, pin 2-4 are getting 5v readings as well but they aren't supposed to be getting voltage while power is on but play/ff/rew aren't activated, following schematics the voltage is coming from a series of IC chips, and my limited, semi beginners knowledge of reading schematics, my trail goes cold at the series of IC chips, if checked every diode and resistor in the area (that entire side of the board) and their fine, could be one of the PNP or NPN transistors that send commands to the IC chips but I really dont want to pull them and test, without a curve tracer for matching transistors I would rather a pro mess with that, and from what I'm hearing the IC chips on the TSR-8 have custom specs and can't be swapped with IC chips bought randomly online, thought I'd just try and find a PCB in whole first, thinking of sending my control pcb to a shop in LA that might be able to find problem and might have an inventory of tascam IC chips, if anyone that's good at this stuff and feels like checking out the schematics and has as any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it

One more thing to add, I've got a high reading on TV he power supply B pcb as well, one pin that's supposed to read 24v is getting 28v, I've recapped pcb and swapped out everything but transistors on that pcb and no change, that particular pin leads to capo servo pcb, which might have something to do with problems on control pcb, but I dont see direct links to them on schematics

Back