Anyone have parts for a 3340

SteveM

I just recently picked up a Teac 3340 that needs repair. I'm looking for the simul sync circuit board and wondering if anyone has a broken deck they are interested in parting out. Also if anyone knows where I might be able to get one.

Is the board broken in two or just a corner where the screws are attached ?

Hi VT, just where the holes are on both sides. And there's a little crack running off from one of them. I've used jumpers where I can see the broken leads and I got 3 channels working but for some reason track 3 record light wont go on unless I have another track in record mode at the same time. Then I only get a faint signal on track 3.

Sorry to hear that, was planning to suggest repair the board instead.
It's a common problem with 3340 models, don't have any left.

Sorry to hear that, was planning to suggest repair the board instead.
It's a common problem with 3340 models, don't have any left.

Thanks for the quick reply. That was going to be my next try. So you don't think I can repair it? It's broken where the holes are but I managed to mount it securely.

Hi, Mr. C. Unknown :D
Cool score. too bad it has problems.
I wonder if the board is exact the same as on my "S" machine. My switches board also has a crack near the screw on one side. Mine has no functional problems though. I was thinking of fixing it somehow, but was to busy/lazy.
One way to sort of put it all together is to actually tie the switches together and then fix connections with jumpers if needed. The switches have small screw holes (designed to be mounted on chassis or panel). Well you need to find those small screws that fit somewhere, they may not be long. (dead vcrs, cd-players, computer drives etc and such may have such screws inside).
I've made photo-shot and digitally :D edited it to demonstrate what I mean. You can tie the switches together with separate braces cuts of some plastic, pcb or metal or make up a special board that will tie all the switches together. It's a somewhat crafty work to do though. Also I don't think you will be able to place the cover back (well, this also can be done , I think, but that's a separate issue).
Well if your pieces of board somehow stay together, then you may not need any of this, as long as you fix all the connections.
here are the pics:

Attachments

• teac_switches_fix.JPG
    teac_switches_fix.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 26
  • teac_switches_fix_board.JPG
    teac_switches_fix_board.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 28
Hi, Mr. C. Unknown :D
Cool score. too bad it has problems.
I wonder if the board is exact the same as on my "S" machine. My switches board also has a crack near the screw on one side. Mine has no functional problems though. I was thinking of fixing it somehow, but was to busy/lazy.
One way to sort of put it all together is to actually tie the switches together and then fix connections with jumpers if needed. The switches have small screw holes (designed to be mounted on chassis or panel). Well you need to find those small screws that fit somewhere, they may not be long. (dead vcrs, cd-players, computer drives etc and such may have such screws inside).
I've made photo-shot and digitally :D edited it to demonstrate what I mean. You can tie the switches together with separate braces cuts of some plastic, pcb or metal or make up a special board that will tie all the switches together. It's a somewhat crafty work to do though. Also I don't think you will be able to place the cover back (well, this also can be done , I think, but that's a separate issue).
Well if your pieces of board somehow stay together, then you may not need any of this, as long as you fix all the connections.
here are the pics:

What's up Zee!! What's "C" stand for? :D

My board is cracked worse than yours but I managed to secure it with just washers and plastic spacers. So it's not a problem using the switches now it's just a circuit problem and can't figure out where it is. I may just remove the whole thing and look it over. Compare tracks and leads.

This deck sounds great from what I've heard in the channels I have. Probably the best sounding 15ips deck I've owned. So the a3340s has the remote option with it? This one has the toggle so it's little bit of a nuisance with the extra step to play, ff and rw.

This bag of wires I have here are coming in handy though. ;)

Yeah Steve double check all the connections again and compare between channels.
The a3340s remote same as on your other machie. RC-120 thing, (details of the project page: http://www.mzentertainment.com/studio_workshop_teac_rc_120.html ). I thought we went through this while ago. or did we not :) heh heh
Doesn't this 3340 have remote jack on the back? :confused: I guess not? hmmmm , but you've got super-cool Locomotive-Style Control ...hah hah :p :D Post a pic of your machine to avoid confusions

"C" - Complete :cool: :D

Great idea Dr Zee, make a new switch control.
Check the wires on top of the board, they break easy and also re-solder each one.

Back