Anybody interested in a whole BOX of Tascam PCB's? Mostly 388 and M-300 mixer parts?

sweetbeats

Reel deep thoughts...
Help me...help me please. :facepalm:

dbx cards and I think a couple amp cards are the 388 highlights...channel cards and master section stuff from an M-308B.

I think there are power supplies in there maybe...sheesh I dunno...I'd have to look. I think the meter amp card is in there for the 388 along with ALL THE METERS.

I don't feel like piece-mealing it on eBay...somebody just make me a reasonable offer to get the collection out of my shop...

I can get details as requested.

Anybody even remotely interested?

Hey Cory.... Need SOMETHING for my 308B, but not sure what. A least one channel is wonky, and the solo buss is has some sort of issue.Last time I used it I got frustrated and pulled it from my system and set it in the corner.
I just picked up a TSR8 so now I need to get the 308 sorted out so I can use it......long way of saying I could use something of the the 308 stuff but dont need it all.
If you still have it in a few days and want to sell a few random cards I may have the problem narrowed down.

My 388 is ok so soemone else can benefit from those pieces

No sweat, techno. No takers yet...let me know when you know and I'll be happy to paw through what's there and see if I've got what you need and I'll hold off doing. Anything else in the meantime.

Thanks Sweet...

Looks like you'll be occupied building that Dynaco amp in the meantime. That thing'll dim the lights when you turn it on .....

Heheh...yeah...specs say 17A draw at full power. Wow.

Won't be building it any time soon though...have at *least* a dozen other non-audio-related projects going right now on top of work and regular family activities...at least I'm quitting one of my jobs effective 6/30. :p

Then there are the audio projects which are QUITE on the back-burner...probably another dozen but the most important ones are to finish soldering up some custom cabling and snakes for the studio and then actually fire up the MM-1000 again and get back to finishing the mechanical setup and then calibrating the electronics...who knows when. In the meantime my three youngest kids are getting use out of the studio for playing drums, bass, and singing. They are using the Tascam M-__ mixer, a Behringer HA-4700 headphone amp, and the Tascam RS-20B for wet headphone mixes.

ANYway...keep me posted when you get an idea what you need. I'm clearing stuff out...consolidating and organizing. All the Tascam-related parts will be grouped together so I should be able to let you know pretty quick if I've got what you need when you know.

I just moved this entire rant properly to another thread...

Right now I need a single orange cap for a double-stacked EQ pot on an M520. I believe it might be the same one as on the 388, but as my 520 and 388 are both covered ATM, I've not verified.

OT: I guess I could just rob one orange cap off the M520 I've yet to refurbish and sell.

:spank::eek:;)

Last edited:
Dave, they are not the same...I'll have a look and see if I have any of those "small" orange knob caps.

So a little more detail in case anybody is interested...

The 388 parts I am looking at here:

Main transformer
Power supply board (I believe it's dead but all there and LOOKS good)
Both bias pcb's (again, don't know if they're good...the LOOK good but they're untested)
dbx PCB
Record/repro amp card
Input Channel cards x2
Capstan shaft assembly
Tension arm assemblies with rollers
Vr PCB
Brakes (bands, linkages, solenoid)
Joint PCB
Phone jack PCB
Buss b PCB
Mother pcb's (I believe these are spoken for though)
8 buss meters (2 groups of 4 meters)
Meter amp PCB
Balance amp PCB
The entire backplane with all jacks and harnessing (EXCEPT for the line in jacks)
Side panels
I've got knob and switch caps too

That's the 388 stuff

Haven't looked at the M-300 stuff yet but there's a bunch of it. I'll update later.

I've got a Tascam 48 main transformer and complete working-pull power supply assembly too.

Right now I need a single orange cap for a double-stacked EQ pot on an M520. I believe it might be the same one as on the 388, but as my 520 and 388 are both covered ATM, I've not verified.

OT: I guess I could just rob one orange cap off the M520 I've yet to refurbish and sell.

:spank::eek:;)

I found one, Dave...out of allllll the M-500, M-300, 244, 234, 388 knob and switch caps I have in a big baggie, I only have ONE small orange cap that'll fit an M-500 mixer...but it's yours if you want it.

Still got this stuff? How much? PM me if you do. Thanks.

So a little more detail in case anybody is interested...

The 388 parts I am looking at here:

Main transformer
Power supply board (I believe it's dead but all there and LOOKS good)
Both bias pcb's (again, don't know if they're good...the LOOK good but they're untested)
dbx PCB
Record/repro amp card
Input Channel cards x2
Capstan shaft assembly
Tension arm assemblies with rollers
Vr PCB
Brakes (bands, linkages, solenoid)
Joint PCB
Phone jack PCB
Buss b PCB
Mother pcb's (I believe these are spoken for though)
8 buss meters (2 groups of 4 meters)
Meter amp PCB
amp PCB
The entire backplane with all jacks and harnessing (EXCEPT for the line in jacks)
Side panels
I've got knob and switch caps too

That's the 388 stuff

Haven't looked at the M-300 stuff yet but there's a bunch of it. I'll update later.

I've got a Tascam 48 main transformer and complete working-pull power supply assembly too.

Back