Anybody here buy a 520?

Dethska

Not a Mod
I'm such a dork. I just watched the bidding on a M520 Mixer. It was at $280 with two minutes to go. I was like, hmm, that seems like a good price.

In the next two minutes there were five bids placed and the price went from $280 to $461!!! I should do this more often. LMAO! With 7 seconds to go, this one guy had to be like, dude, it's mine for $320. Then *refresh* BAM! sold for $461.

Sorry for this useless post. I just thought it was funny. And I was curious if anybody here was in on the fireworks?:D

Man I wish I could tell you it was me that got it (Cus I really dig the 520), but I can't.

Is $800 a bit crazy for the 'Buy it now' price on that 512, or...?

:)

I put down on an M520 a couple weeks ago,...

and am having trouble getting it delivered, prompt responses, etc, and I'm considering it at this time to be a potential Ebay ripoff.

That reminds me, I have to dig up my Ebay info and give the seller a call! That's a lot of money to be scammed out of!:eek:

...ebay blues plays again...

Hey ARP, did you see the mixer that the guy who owned it said HE is the owner, and someone was trying to scam with HIS picture. Man, there are some real butt holes out there. Idiots too. They will get their due one of these days though. Always.
fitZ:)

Yeah it sucks.

Well, I put the charge in contest at Visa, and entered the first Ebay fraud report today, so I'm not gonna get hit for the dough.

That's why I'd recommend ALWAYS putting Ebay charges on a credit card, so at least there's recourse if things go wrong. If I just drafted out of my bank account, or used a money order,...

-pffffffft-,...

the money's gone, the thief is gone, and there's nothing to show for it, and NO RECOURSE. ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD FOR EBAY!

Now I stay away from people who say they don't accept Paypal, or who request money orders only. IMO that's a bad sign.

Likewise, if a person says, "this is not a picture of my unit, but mine is exactly like that", NEVER believe him. Another bad sign.

There are others.

If an Ebay seller has a low [post] transaction count, then that's a warning sign. As much as that's hard on [Newbies] new sellers, it's the fly-by-nights that are DEFINITELY the ones that have low numbered rating, like 7, 9 or 13. Sorry Newbies!;)

Also, the fly-by-night Ebay scam artists build up a short NORMAL Ebay history, then BAM, hit as many people as they can SIMULTANEOUSLY, and disappear. When you have your problem, the Ebay feedback seems to be okay, positive, but check back months past your Ebay scam, and you'll see that at a similar time to your own, the feedback goes all negative: "paid but didn't recieve item",... but of course, that many months later, there's nothing you can do about it.

What really grates on me about this, is that these people know how to work the system, and are fly-by-night, so they'll set up an alias, make a few normal transactions, but when they turn to ripping people off, and absconding with the money, they're so gone, it's not even funny. Fly-by-night, that's all there is to it. The info on the seller you can track down is often fraudulent, like in my present case, or what's worse, even if it's correct, and the person answers the phone & talks, & STILL doesn't send the item,... there's literally nothing you can do about it, is there? I mean, who's gonna pack up and go cross country on some dubious information, with a name and an address, to go knocking on doors to settle up? Who in their right mind would do that? Not to mention, not exactly convenient. Well? What's the answer?

I considered turning their shit into the FBI, for INTERSTATE FRAUD, which is a FEDERAL FELONY, which I'm sure carries with it a stiff jail sentence.

In fact, now thinking this through, I'm gonna go-FBI on 'em, first thing Monday. I'll start phoning around to see how I can put their shit in a snit with the FBI! Isn't the FBI interested in interstate internet fraud? I hope they are, or WTF are they good for?

I'm pissed, to say the least. Stay tuned. Sorry for the rant!;)

I can't stand a scam!

That just plain sucks Reel.
It's a shame ebay doesn't offer a middle man service where after you win the auction you send them the cash and the seller sends them the gear and they do the changing of hands for a small fee plus the additional shipping charges.
(I know it's a dream, but it'd be a better system.)

All theives and crooks and scam artists will get theirs eventually...I hope!

Well, yes, there is an escrow service, true,...

exactly like you described. Guess I should have used one. Thanx.

Rushfan,

I have a few other NICE close up pics of the M520 that are too big to post here...
If you would like them please let me know and I'll email them to you.

Go Cubs

Billy,
Thanks.... I was trying to remember which one I have in storage. I scored one that looks just like that (I guess it's a 512) for basically dirt. I haven't seen it for a year but I'm anxious to see it and use it once my place is done. It'll go great with my ATR-60/8.
Thanks,
RF

RAT-TAT BOOM!

EDIT: Oh great! Now I've started thinking!
What is the best written drum puncuation following a joke ?
"Rat-Tat Boom?", "Bah-Bop Boom?"
"DitDit-Crash?"

GO CUBS

By the way, I have a fairly large basement where I would be happy to store any and all 512's/520's that the owner does not currently have room for. I'll even do it for free for forum members.:D

Storage is also available for any tape machine running 1" or greater.:D :D

Boy was I wrong about what I have. I have a M50, not a 512. I can't tell the difference between the two(aexcept for the number of channels of coarse). It's beautiful though! I just pulled it out of my storage locker to start cleaning it up.
I'll post a pic of it soon.
RF

That's cool Rush.
You STILL have a cool mixer even if it isn't the 512 or 520.

I was gonna post a pic of one, but I moved everything around the otherday and for the life of me don't know what's become of the discs I had all the mixer pics on.

GO CUBS

Back