anaolg vs. digital LP????

Pretty funny because it's on analog. Whatever it is, I don't think I need to spend $300 bucks to find out. ;)

Yeah.Thats what I thought.Comparing analog and digital on an analog format.
Would be interesting to hear what it sounds like.

Looks like a historic artifact in the field of Shaddy Politics of The Recording Industry to me.
I have no clue how rare this disc is. If it's a rare piece then it may worth every penny (for a "historian", that is ;) )

You can search the internet's "knowledge" base for those systems.
Found this short article in the MIX: 1978 3M Digital Audio Mastering System-Mix Inducts 3M Mastering System Into 2007 TECnology Hall of Fame

P.S.
"Grammy Awards" thing was (is) always right in the middle of the history of Shaddy Politics of The Recording Industry.

...it's all about "people getting together", 'yano:

:drunk:

Nothing to do with her talent or success...but for some reason Miley Cyrus annoys me...more when she's talking than when she's singing.

Anyway...that record...even it is worth $300, I'm sure whatever is on it is pretty dated, and probably done when digital was just starting out.

Huh, must be comparing an early digital multitrack recording to an analog machine...I wonder if it's some anti-DASH propaganda or something.

In any event, rare or not I'll be polite and call the seller's asking price "optimistic"...

Huh, must be comparing an early digital multitrack recording to an analog machine...I wonder if it's some anti-DASH propaganda or something.

In any event, rare or not I'll be polite and call the seller's asking price "optimistic"...

No. It's promoting 3M's line of digital recorders.

Optimistic ? 300 big ones for a record ? For that kind of cash, I want the Beatles on it, Lee Harvey Oswald's confessions, the secrets of the universe and a crash course in new testament Greek !
It reminds me of 20 years ago when I was in my Irish folk/folk rock phase. Having gotten into Horslips and Spud, two seminal Irish folk rock outfits, I came across in 'Record collector' what sounded like three LPs that I definitely wanted to hear, early to mid 70s rare albums, "Freedom's lament" {Callinan~Flynn}, "Early one morning" {Mushroom} and "The children of Lir" {Loudest whisper}. But the first two were £400 and the last was £300. This was late '91/early '92. I searched high and low among all the second hand outlets that I knew, hoping to find cheap copies because no way was I spending that kind of money on albums, but no joy. So I settled for a £10 CD of "Freedom's lament" (it was the first CD I ever bought), and a £10 reissue on vinyl of "Early one morning". I still have the CD and I eventually recorded the vinyl onto CD and I still have that.
I didn't come across "The children of Lir" till three years ago. Again on CD.
By the way, all three albums were magnificent. And I saved myself £1067 ! :D

In that case, they ought to pay ME 300 bucks to listen to it :D

Have you ever listened to Donald Fagen's "The Nightfly?" It was recorded completely on 3M digital equipment and is still one of the best sounding pop albums of all time.

Back