20101031_77.jpg

20101031_78.jpg

20101031_79.jpg

20101031_80.jpg

20101031_81.jpg

20101031_82.jpg

20101031_83.jpg

Ooo, nice setup! Takes me back to the 70's. :D

OK, let me guess, that's an RE-15 mic on the bass drum and a 635a mic overhead... correct? Am I even close?

Ooo, nice setup! Takes me back to the 70's. :D

OK, let me guess, that's an RE-15 mic on the bass drum and a 635a mic overhead... correct? Am I even close?

good eye ... VERY close! the 635a is correct as the overhead but the bass drum is actually a RE-18 ... i am looking for an RE-15 though. both mics through a shure m67 combined to one track on the 8-track.

Cool

What;s the other vintage keyboard? I see the RMI, the other one Hohner? Wurlitzer? Vox Combo????

Cool

What;s the other vintage keyboard? I see the RMI, the other one Hohner? Wurlitzer? Vox Combo????

well, on the other side (kind of covered) is a farfisa "professional" organ (grey keys). Next to the RMI rock-si-chord is a yamaha YC-20 combo organ.

thanks!

I love the Teac 5 also. How's that working with an 8 track, do you just re-patch to mixdown or do you have a submixer as well?

I used a Teac 5 for a while w/ the Tascam 38, and then went hog wild and got the M-520. I still have the 5, and am going to hook up a 22-4 to it.

OK one more thing, is that a Shure "master dynamics controller?" or a Shure mic mixer?

I love the Teac 5 also. How's that working with an 8 track, do you just re-patch to mixdown or do you have a submixer as well?

I used a Teac 5 for a while w/ the Tascam 38, and then went hog wild and got the M-520. I still have the 5, and am going to hook up a 22-4 to it.

OK one more thing, is that a Shure "master dynamics controller?" or a Shure mic mixer?

works fine w/ 8-track ...

well, i use the mic pres in the 5 if i'm recording the whole band (has mic/line switches), along with a shure m67 (plugged right into the tape machine). the shure is just one of those basic mic mixers. i use the direct outs on the teac 5 ... i don't use any fancy monitoring, its a pretty old-style limited setup (i like it that way). if we don't get it right (performance or levels, etc), i adjust things, rewind the tape and try another take! when overdubbing, its not really an issue. to answer your question, i do re-patch as necessary but the basic set stays the same for recording and mixing.

i am currently in the process up integrating a new mixer (alice 828) to replace the teac 5, mainly due to the limitations of the EQ and the fact that the thing is falling apart and is not worth the $$$ on the market to have it gone through.

Cool. Is that Farfisa that was used on the Magic Hero album?

yessir thats the one, the live organ as well ... i've been using the YC-20 instead lately though and i find the sound to be more suitable. probably gonna be putting the farfisa up for sale soon ... i have some emotional attachment to it (including playing it live w/ sky saxon) but i think its time to turn it over to the next.

Great setup! It looks really comfortable... it's got a good vibe.

Here is "Studio Apartment Studio" :)

my_studio.jpg

Whitefly,
Come on man. Don't you know that digital is where it's at? Just pack all that stuff up and send it to me, I don't want you to be burdoned with such an antiquated set up. Seriously. Put it all on pallets, send it to me, and focus on digital. :D

Great set up man, I'm way jealous!

Back