Analog score!

analogkid

I Bleed Analog!
I had forgotten to post this - my dad finally came to his senses (ok my mom told him to get rid of this stuff) and gave me his old 1970s era stereo gear.

Quick list:

Marantz 2385 Stereo Receiver (185 watts of speaker-melting goodness)

Cerwin Vega SE300 Speakers

Infinity ES-200 Speakers (I still need to go and retrieve these - ran out of room to haul things heh)

Technics SL-1350 Turntable

Pioneer RT-707 Reel To Reel (that will be my second one of these)

Pioneer CTF-1000 Cassette deck (One of the sweetest sounding cassette decks of all time, IMHO)

Pictures Below:

BSR 10-band Graphic EQ

Attachments

• S7300548.jpg
    S7300548.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 53
  • S7300549.jpg
    S7300549.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 50
  • S7300550.jpg
    S7300550.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 51
  • S7300551.jpg
    S7300551.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 50
Yep, now I just have to install the woofer refoam kit on the Cerwin Vegas, then order the belt kit for the CTF-1000, a Tape-counter belt for the Reel deck - the counter is working but due to the age of the deck I am concerned and want a spare on hand, order a repair kit for those Infinitys - both woofer foam and the passive radiator repair kits - and then design and build a proper place to put all this gear. I am SO lucky - my wife is nearly as excited as I am about this stuff! She may not give a hoot about the pro gear, but she loves music and as soon as I hooked up those Cerwins she said 'Those sound WAY better!' :D :D

I will take pictures of the woofer refoam process - speakers are analog too right?

AK

Wow, how cool. I had an old marantz stereo receiver in the 70's. 2240 I think it was. Only 40 watts per channel, but sweet sounding and loud if you wanted. Someone broke into our apartment in Phoenix, back in the 80's and stole it. Still have my old marantz 7 speakers. Must have been too heavy for the losers. Ah, you're a lucky fellow.

And once again, you so suck!!:p:eek: Nice score man! I'd love to get my hands on a CT-F1000. I can't complain, the Nak MR-2 is doing a pretty good job in the meantime.:p

That MR-2 is a sweet deck for sure! If only I could communicate how LONG I have coveted this gear..... and it is so much nicer to have Dad offer it to me rather than having to get it as an inheritance.

AK

That MR-2 is a sweet deck for sure! If only I could communicate how LONG I have coveted this gear..... and it is so much nicer to have Dad offer it to me rather than having to get it as an inheritance.

AK

I know how that goes. My folks didn't have as nice of a setup as that, but they did have a cool Panasonic Quad stereo and turntable system. Also, my dad gave me his old Les Paul so I can't complain too much! I'm looking for a good 70s Pioneer receiver, cassette deck, and turntable to go along with my RT-909. I've got the full 80s era black plastic Pioneer gear and it all still works beautifully, with the exception of the cassette deck needs new belts. I'm just a big fan of the heavy duty gear. Some day I'll get lucky.;)

Ok your Dad giving you his Les Paul - THAT'S Love man!

*sob* I miss my Gibson..... the ONE THING I sold back in the day I shouldn't have. My wife bought me a Signature Series Peavy a couple of Christmases back, very nice guitar - not your Dad's T-60 as they say - but it is certainly no Gibson Les Paul.

AK

I can't say I've gotten rid of anything I regret. Wait.............yes I have.........now that I think about it. My '68 Chevelle SS396. Long story. As far as my electronic toys, not so much. I've got more of this crap and I actually need to get rid of the stuff I don't really use. I just hate parting with stuff because as soon as I sell it, I'll need it for something!:p

Back