Analog Delay/Echo ??

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
Hi,

I'm just wondering if there are any good sounding and very simple analog delay/echo effects gear that I can get cheap on eBay ? (I'm talking "vintage" here). This is just to add a bit of delay/echo to my voice. My budget is $50 - $100.

Thanks,

Daniel

Check to early 80s Ibanez stuff... DOn't know about how will it sound with your voice but the UE405 multi's analog delay sounds awesome with my guitars, VERY analog sounding.

Cheap analog delays use analog sampling, and hence have half artifacts anything digital has. Just thought you might like to know that, cjacek, since you are an religious analog fanatic. ;) This doesn't mean that they don't sound good, but then again, most digital delays sound excellent too. :p

Good analog delays use tape. The Roland Space Echo is the most well known. They do however typically go for $200-$500... Go for something cheap today (and don't exlude the digital delays, you can get a hell of a lot of delay for cheap that way) and get a Space Echo or anothe tape delay when you can afford it. They do sound amazing.

I personally like the Dan-echo from Danelectro. See if you can try that one. It supposedly sounds like analog delay. (I have never used analog delay so I can't comment on the validity of that statement.)

Back