Analog console recomendation

fgonza2

I have outgrown my mackie 16-8, which works quite nice, it is an inline console, which is what i am looking for. one option is to expand with the 24E module that adds 24 channels to my mackie. Another option that i saw was the Soundcraft Ghost 24 or 32. WHich seems to be a very nice console and fully featured. THe mackie lacks a phase inversion switch, other than that is good. My budget is ~$1500, any recommendations/ideas/opinions ?

I have a near mint Mackie 24E with meter bridge, power supply and the always missing interconnect cable. Easist way forward and way under budget!

I love my soundcraft boards, The Ghost is a great board, but for my taste I like the Studio Spirits, like the ghost they have individual tape sends and returns per channel, The series TWO is also good board, it like the Mackies with a Direct out. I wasn't happy with the Mackie sound, but that's just my taste,

+1 to the Ghost. I've used the older TASCAM boards (m-300 and m-500 series) too, and love them. The Ghost is +4 (and can be -10 if you want it to be), and is just crazy versatile in general. It also has 2 bands of fully parametric EQ on each channel - which sound great - very musical and very very usable. Yeah, I'd say in the price range, the Ghost is hard to beat.

soundcraft all the way. the mic pre's are the original design (and they are better) that all the mass produced interface mic pre's.

as the gohst, its fine. most professionals (like me) use them in the live enviroment.

so get rid of that american behringer (mackie) and get the respectable board (soundcraft)
it will be like going from a AMC pacer to a Corvette.

the soundcraft studio/live series is neat too, and has a nice workflow and i/o for recording.

took the plunge, found a good deal on craigslist by coincidence. 2hr drive, but worth it for the price and it is working... now sitting in my garage, need to clean it up. But cosmetically good. Maybe time to part ways with my mackie 16-8 which has been reliable and in a way it is compact an portable enough. SO still debating that. IMG_9918.JPG

This is the only one I've used so far, and I'm quite fond of it, pic isent that great, but it's a Toft ATB32
1530345_10151846159890108_327254441_n.jpg

Back