Alesis MicroLimiter - got one?

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
If you do, can you please provide the specs of the original power supply? I need to find a replacement. Thanks for your time!:)

You've got the manual?

Dunno if what it states is enough to tell you what you need...actually I guess not...it doesn't reference polarity and such...

Actually its AC so you don't need to worry about polarity...

Looks like 9VAC 5A...

Guys, what is missing from the picture...anything?

Thanks for looking that up for me, Cory.:)

Yeah, I believe I have the manual somewhere and I do recall reading about the PS requirements but I don't think they go into much detail as far as exact specs. :(

If someone with the actual power supply, on hand, can just scribble down what it says on there, that'd be cool.:cool::D

OK, so I just received a quick reply from a very nice guy, Lou, who's currently auctioning off his own Micro Limiter HERE and he says: "output is 9.5 VAC @ 750 mA", from what he says is the original PS from Alesis.

Don't know about all this voltage stuff but it's a bit different to what the manual states?:confused:

Dan if you look on the back of the unit it says its 9 volt ac. But I am sure its only 750 ma like the guy from the sale mentioned.
Cory must have just made a typo there cause there is no way it draws 5 amps.

Thanks Gary.:)

It means that I need to look at a unit which does 9 volt AC, correct? Does the ".5" make a difference? Also, do I need to be dead on when it comes to mA? What happens if I find one which is 1000mA? Which part of the power supply is critical and what about "input" specs? Do I need to worry about those?

Okay...wait...the manual on the Alesis site said "9 volts A.C. 5 Volt Amperes external transformer"...yer right Gary...there'd be something freaky going on in that thing if it drew up to 5A...so what can I learn here? What would "5 Volt Amperes" mean?

Thanks Gary.:)

It means that I need to look at a unit which does 9 volt AC, correct? Does the ".5" make a difference? Also, do I need to be dead on when it comes to mA? What happens if I find one which is 1000mA? Which part of the power supply is critical and what about "input" specs? Do I need to worry about those?

Don't worry about having 1000 mA (1 amp). The unit will only draw what it needs. Of course if you hooked it up to a 9 Vac arc welder it would still only use what it needs....until it fails then it would be slag :eek: (not that it would fail because of the arc welder)

-Ethan

I have a couple of them, as well as other Alesis products that use the same PS. Alesis had several different voltages over the years for that PS even though they all have the same part number. I've seen them anywhere from 9 - 10 VAC and 750, 830 and 1000 mA. Any of these will work.

My Micro units all have the mini-phone jack, so they take the P2 power supply. If it has a barrel jack it would take the P3. The P2 and P3 have the same specs, just a different connector.

:)

5 Volt Amps

5 Volt Amps = 5 Watts (the rating of the device).

9.5V x .75A = 7.125 W (the rating of the power supply).

... so presumably the power supply has extra wattage, headroom in the PS that the device doesn't use.

Class dismissed!:eek:;)

Back