Thread: Adust audio pitch in Audition to match amount increased by percent in Premiere Pro

Thanks

Adust audio pitch in Audition to match amount increased by percent in Premiere Pro

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have been working in Premiere Pro on an old super 8 sound film soundtrack that was massively out of sync due to the fact that super 8 sync was always a pretend concept.

I've managed to sync up a lengthy set of dialogue only shots (about 5 minutes) by chopping the sound into numerous small pieces that will sync for a few seconds and adjusting the duration of each clip. The clip adjustment percentages go from 108% up to 111% in speed.

Now that the film is in sync with the audio I thought I'd try to lower the pitch of each clip back to 100% in audition, as this will not affect each clip's length - it will still be in sync.

I tried using this graph to determine the amount of pitch adjustment but it doesn't make sense to me because an 8% increase is 140 Cents - which is off the maximum of 100 in Audition (and much to great an adjustment) and way different than a ratio of 1.0842, which is an impossible number to enter in the ratio box.

Furthermore, making even a slight adjustment makes the sound waver at an unacceptable level. I might just leave it as is. Is this even possible?

Charles

Thanks
    You can’t detatch the audio in premiere and manipulate the speed only without affecting the pitch? I find that hard to believe. You can do that in Sony Vegas.
    "Nahhhhhhhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnnn. I ain't touching that mic. That thing's expensive."

Thanks
    In the end I left all of the audio at 100% and adjusted the video percentage. That way the audio sounds normal, and you can't see the fluctuations in video speed.

Charles

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles_I View Post
    In the end I left all of the audio at 100% and adjusted the video percentage. That way the audio sounds normal, and you can't see the fluctuations in video speed.

Charles
    A nice lateral solution.

Thread Information