Adust audio pitch in Audition to match amount increased by percent in Premiere Pro

Charles_I

I have been working in Premiere Pro on an old super 8 sound film soundtrack that was massively out of sync due to the fact that super 8 sync was always a pretend concept.

I've managed to sync up a lengthy set of dialogue only shots (about 5 minutes) by chopping the sound into numerous small pieces that will sync for a few seconds and adjusting the duration of each clip. The clip adjustment percentages go from 108% up to 111% in speed.

Now that the film is in sync with the audio I thought I'd try to lower the pitch of each clip back to 100% in audition, as this will not affect each clip's length - it will still be in sync.

I tried using this graph to determine the amount of pitch adjustment but it doesn't make sense to me because an 8% increase is 140 Cents - which is off the maximum of 100 in Audition (and much to great an adjustment) and way different than a ratio of 1.0842, which is an impossible number to enter in the ratio box.

Furthermore, making even a slight adjustment makes the sound waver at an unacceptable level. I might just leave it as is. Is this even possible?

Charles

You can’t detatch the audio in premiere and manipulate the speed only without affecting the pitch? I find that hard to believe. You can do that in Sony Vegas.

In the end I left all of the audio at 100% and adjusted the video percentage. That way the audio sounds normal, and you can't see the fluctuations in video speed.

Charles

Back