8 tracks on 2 inches

johnbilben

Is there a tape machine in existence that records 8 tracks on 2 inches?I've seen plenty on a half inch and I've seen the an MCI 8 track on 1 inch and the studer A-80 8 track on 1 inch but i've never seen one on 2 inches. Im not looking to purchase one or anything im just kind of interested to know if one exists.

Last edited:
Holy mother of God!!!!!:eek::eek: So for the running price of a Surburban SUV you could have an 8 track machine? Yeow. Time to sell the kids.:p

I think I would have to pass.;)

Holy mother of God!!!!!:eek::eek: So for the running price of a Surburban SUV you could have an 8 track machine? Yeow. Time to sell the kids.:p
I think I would have to pass.;)

These are technically 9-track machines, since they have a dedicated timecode channel as well. 9 tracks for the price of 8! Bargain!

Also, you can buy them in pairs so you can lock them together and have the equivalent of a 4" 16-track machine. But they didn't want to say how much it cost.

The legendary Studer J37s used at Abbey Road were 1" 4 tracks so that kinda track real estate isn't unprecedented. I read that the Beatles tapes on that format have remarkably low tape hiss (they used CCIR/IEC eq curves too--so that may have helped).

Back