The 8-channel, 4-buss, Fostex cassette multitracker

Wow.. this is a real blast from the past. I was using the 450 Mixer (no tape) in the late 80's for my bedroom studio and stage mixing our gigs. Beautiful piece of gear. I see there's a 460 on eBay now for $300 - that's a nice price even if the recorder section isn't working.
I asked the seller about that listing. He said he powered it on but that was all the "testing" he did.
When I see that, I read that as "I tested a bunch of things, and most of them didn't work."

I asked the seller about that listing. He said he powered it on but that was all the "testing" he did.
When I see that, I read that as "I tested a bunch of things, and most of them didn't work."
I'd go along with you on that. That's what makes me leery of buying used gear without having tested it myself. I wouldn't care if the tape section was inop, but you never know how many beers were spilled on that board :drunk:

That file link was 'some assembly required'.. here it is : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XlHnkcCmBBFUcIrlgNRBqSgYo59MIw_2/view
thank you so much for fixing that for me. was worried it had sat there as a dead link for the last 2 years.

got a reply from the "pro" power supply folks. they said no.. too complicated or just something they couldn't make easily. I find it hard to believe as the most precise schematics with full details and pictures are provided in the service manual.

about to buy one I just found online. In greece lol. I'd be happy to ship it to a real electrician who would be able to easily reverse engineer it so others can also get their hands on one. this search has to be the most obscure ive been on but I can say after reading this thread again and remembering my frustrations with the lack of info... getting this service manual from Fostex may be one of my proudest internet moments.

I'm apart of internet history!! hi mom!! haha 😋

Back