58-OB on E-bay for those looking...

What kinda impressed me was the seller being aware of packing issues as he points to following this site's example: http://www.reelprosoundguys.com/packing.html [although he screwed up the site address].

I'd still additionally put it on a pallet, if it needed shipping but the above should protect it better than some of the crap packing I've seen throughout the years. Perhaps this 58 will survive where others have perished ..:eek:

Still, I hope a local buyer nabs it.:)

----

:DAlso, did you check out some of the questions from potential buyers? A few are hilarious.:D I'm not sure if those guys should be looking for a tape machine!:eek::D;)

---

I feel sad...

For that 58 if somebody clueless gets ahold of it...the questions are scary. :confused::(

Nice of that one eBayer to post the suggestion about the solenoid cushion tho'...I might know him. :D:D:D

It looks like the top panel is pushed in, and the upper right corner (as seen from the back) is tweaked...hard to tell, but the lighting is telling my eyes that something is tweakered a little...

Apparently the seller is mistaking the normal operation of the 58 lifters for something being wrong. The lifters work in ff / rew but not in play... because they don't normally. They just sit there retracted when in play and the slider doesn't work in play either but only in ff / rew [quite unlike the typical RTR machines]. So I think the seller inadvertently lowered the value of the 58 by pointing to an issue which doesn't exist..:eek::(

---

I bid on it, and damn if I didn't lose by the last minute or so!
It's located in Nashville, and I have to go to a conference there in 3 weeks, and if I won it, I would put that bad boy in my car and drive it home.
I have a 38, 48, and HOPED to get a 58.
Damnation!

arrggghhh!

Randal

Randal, that's not as bad as owning a 100 hour 58-OB and then selling it... :o:o:(:(

----

Back