4-Track

pisces7378

What is the best Analogue 4 track casette recorder on the market now? Are there more than just the Tascam 414 MKII and the 424 MKII? Oh and Fostex too. Which is better? Is there a better company? And which is the cheapest? I live in Germany and am looking to do just a little recording in my appartment analogue. I use digital during the day at work, so I need someone to tell me which analogue to get. Someone please help.

Thanks in Advance,
Mike

P.S. Is there one with phantom power for my Mic and both low and hi impedence jacks for Microphones and guitars?

I record just for my own pleasure and use a TASCAM 424 MKIII. I love that little unit...yeah it has only 4 tracks but it forces me to be creative and also results in recordings that are simple but well thought out. The 424 does not have phantom power (I use a either a Behringer mic pre or mixer, both with phantom power) and the 424 does not have dedicated hi and lo impedence imputs. What it does have are XLR and 1/4 phone jack inputs/outputs.

Tascam 234. ReProduces the best. Not a cheap portastudio. Grossly Overlooked,Was a 1600.00 unit when it came out

Non-portable portastudio.

No, cassette doesn't suck, but agreed that 388 will kick any cassettes butt. :)

$595? Not expensive. One cool piece of equipment.

Back