388 current value

GrampZ

Howdy all,

I have reposted this from the Tascam forum on the advice of Talldog.

I have not used my 388 in several years and am considering selling it. It has always been stored/transported since new in it's custom Anvil/Zero Halliburton case. I had it serviced at the TEAC center in L.A. before it was last stored. No issues other than the FF gets slow near the end of the reel. Some extras, metal take-up reel, TEAC patch bay. Just don't use it anymore and would love to find it a good home in SoCal but have no idea of value.

Thanks!!

Grampz, Hemet.

Also have Alesis HR-16 and Digitech DSP-256 rackmount effects unit that will probably go too.

Howdy all,

I have reposted this from the Tascam forum on the advice of Talldog.

I have not used my 388 in several years and am considering selling it. It has always been stored/transported since new in it's custom Anvil/Zero Halliburton case. I had it serviced at the TEAC center in L.A. before it was last stored. No issues other than the FF gets slow near the end of the reel. Some extras, metal take-up reel, TEAC patch bay. Just don't use it anymore and would love to find it a good home in SoCal but have no idea of value.

Thanks!!

Grampz, Hemet.

Also have Alesis HR-16 and Digitech DSP-256 rackmount effects unit that will probably go too.

$600 - $700 for an excellent condition 388, possibly comes with some nice reels of tape, any of the accesories the 388 came out with (the RC-71 controller, Teac E-1 Head Demag., Teac TO -122A Test Tone Oscillator, so on...)

$500 for a good condition 388, maybe some cosmetic blemishes.

$300 - $400 for maybe a blown fuse, worn belt, and a/couple of VU meter lights out.

$0 - $200 Either trash, dont waste the money on shipping, or wasting time/money on gas to drive out to see it. May be broken, sold from someone who doesn't know the machine, so on...

Back