388 Aux Buss Not Working

Okay. So I just checked all the aux and effect send pots; the monitor volume pots, and the effect master volume pots and they're all plain on top (no engraved letter). I assume that means they're all A taper and the B engraved into the top of the shaft on my aux master pot is a B taper. I checked the effect master pot as well. Also plain.

So. It would seem that, unless it was very professionally replaced between its leaving the factory and me acquiring it second hand, that this unit has always had a B pot for its aux buss master control. Assuming the engraved B does indeed stand for B taper (and why wouldn't it?)

I have no idea what you are talking about with any engraved letters.

Look on the side of the body of the pot, you’ll see a “10KA” printed on the metal body.

Do yours have 551F printed on them?

There's definitely a B engraved (or whatever the American English equivalent is) into the top of the shaft of the pot

Do yours have 551F printed on them?

There's definitely a B engraved (or whatever the American English equivalent is) into the top of the shaft of the aux master pot that I have.

Anyway, it's too small to get a decent photo of, and why would I lie about something like that?

Was there a time when Alps Alpine were making that particular design of potentiometer in both linear and audio versions with a 15 mm shaft and might have felt the need to give people an easy way to distinguish between the two types?

I found this photo on the Alps website

rk1631110tbk.jpg

It's not great, but there is something there at the end of shaft

I don’t know. Nobody is saying you’re lying. Can you just look at the body of the pot and post what it says??

I did

551F and !0KA

No...you didn’t. You only referred to the “B” engraved on the end of the pot shaft, which is completely irrelevant, and you also indicated the pot body had “551F” printed on it. I see nowhere in any of your posts previous reference to or confirmation of “10KA” printed on the pot body until your last post.

Thank you for finally providing the necessary information I requested in order to help you. That is a 10Kohm “A” audio taper pot. Stop getting distracted by the engraved letter on the end of the pot shaft. It has nothing relevant to do with your issue.

I believe at this point you have the information you need to resolve your issue.

Back