Your Favorite VSTs?

88fingers

What are some of your favorite VSTs, VSTis, etc? Not "What is the best [x-instrument] plugin," but more like your favorite just for the hell of it?

I'll go first:

NESTri (from the NES VST pack)
YM2612 VST (If I remember correctly, it was meant for Sega Genesis sounds)
Magical 8bit Plug (I like old 8-bit/16-bit shenanigans)
Ohm Force

I just found a new one i like and it's free also.

Tokyo Dawn labs Nova.

Nice eq to go along with their "slick eq'

All of the Melda stuff is great. I only have the free pack, but it all works really well.

I've been digging the Elektrostudio stuff lately. Some of it's pretty quirky (like the original hardware), and poorly documented, and I can't say for sure that any if it sounds like the originals, but they do sound really good for what they are.

Voxengo SPAN is one that I use all the time, and they've got a lot of other good stuff too.

FabFilter 'Pro-L' and 'Pro-Q'. Soundtoys 'Microshift'. PSP 'Vintage Warmer' and 'NobleQEx'. Boz Digital Labs 'Imperial Delay'. Waves 'API 2500'. eaReckon 'Transreckon'. Melodyne and SS Trigger for enhancing.

Those are my latest/most common used that are not stock plugs in Cubase.

I just use the stock plugins in Sony Vegas plus two or three from the Reaper plugin pack. No need to overthink it. But I might have to buy Pro-L.

I got tired of Waves' restrictions and finally went with FabFilter and Izotope for tweaking voiceover. My only issue with Izotope RX 5 is that the noise reduction introduces random clicks. Haven't figured out that issue yet.

Back