What is you Desert Island VST?

ido1957

9K Gold Member
I would pick my Cakewalk CA2A compressor. Simple to dial in, adds a nice flavour to everything, the harmonics are very nice.

I would go with a good compressor myself. Waves API 2500 is my 'go-to' comp.

This desert island still has a daw with stock VST's right? :)

Since this desert island obviously has electricity, I'm talking all of my real drums and amps and will just record there like I do here. No magic VSTs required.

Now David, before looking over your shoulder take the e from the last word and replace it with an a.

Few mentioned that Id rate too

Uad 1176 collection
Ultraverb
Nebula

Cant think of one I use more than others or couldnt do without, I love the presonus fat channel, I generally have it on every channel whether I use it or not...the new Uad fairchilds are excellent too.

TBH if I had to only use 1 3rd party plug it would be an eq because I fucking hate cubase's stock eq. Everything else is livable IMO.

So for me it's proQ.

I don't think that I could pick just one. I have several that I use on every project. But the one that seems to consistently amaze me is Waves L1 Limiter + Ultramaximizer. One-knob hard limiting is perfect for home-brew "mastering". It's so transparent and makes it simple to bring mixes up to volume for sharing. I would give up the rest of the Gold bundle if I could just keep L1.

Back