Wavestation (MIDI problems)

RetroMan

King Of The 80s
I'm having problems with my Wavestation VST - every time i hit playback or it starts a new bar, it keeps forcing the midi voice settings to go to "voice 10" regardless of what sound bank i'm in! I can change it to the voice i want as it's playing, but as soon as it gets to a new bar, it reverts back to voice 10!!?!? like it's got some setting that keeps it there.

This is the first time i've encountered this. When i compose something from scratch, it stays on any voice i want - even when you change it, it stays on what voice you select! In this case though i have imported a midi file for the notation from elsewhere and this is what's causing the problem, there must be a setting in it that forces the channel 10 voice (what it was originally recorded in i'm gathering)

I'm using Reaper and a Korg MIDI keyboard as my interface

Hope someone can help :)

The most likely reason is that there is an embedded program change in the midi file. This is quite common.

The solution is to find the change (or changes) and delete.

Try this:

Load up the midi file.

Double click on the file to get into the midi editor.

In the bottom left hand corner of the editor, just above the transport controls, is a dialog box and drop down arrow.

Click on this. You will get a long list of midi commands.

'Program' is near the top. If there is a tiny asterisk in front of program, it means there is a program control in the file.

If you are using the default skin, the change will appear as a green bar under the piano roll somewhere. Scroll left and right until you find it.

Left click to select it, then right click to delete it.

Back