Waves Sales through Nov 30 - H-Reverb too!

Well you know when you go to the shop for a pint of milk and come home with a new car? ..........

I got Waves Silver, then went back and got H Reverb cos they sent me a further $30 off so it was $119 :) I started off with hardly any after market plugs I now have a good choice!!

Downside is that playing with the H Verb (which is sweet) has shown up my PC capabilities, even in mono it is beating the living crap out of the processor.... I'm currently looking at a new PC :) its been an expensive couple of days :)

Well you know when you go to the shop for a pint of milk and come home with a new car? ..........

I got Waves Silver, then went back and got H Reverb cos they sent me a further $30 off so it was $119 :) I started off with hardly any after market plugs I now have a good choice!!

Downside is that playing with the H Verb (which is sweet) has shown up my PC capabilities, even in mono it is beating the living crap out of the processor.... I'm currently looking at a new PC :) its been an expensive couple of days :)

Yeah, I have heard that about the H-verb from some now. I just don't notice cuz...well I spent a bunch of money last year on a new PC.

The end is near I swear honey! lol!

As mentioned in the other thread...somewhere...I got H-Reverb, got the True Reverb for free...then they gave us the $30 coupon, so I went back and got the API 2500 Comp.

H-Reverb - $128
True Reverb - FREE
API 2500 - $62

The way I look at it... $190 for all three. :)

Oh...so after loading H-Reverb...I see why some folks may be killing their CPUs.
There are like ten different version of H-Reverb.
All the ones marked "long" are 12 second max decays...which will eat up your CPU.
The others are 6 second max decays.
All the ones marked 5.0 and 5.1 are for multi-channel use, which I think will also eat up the CPU more rapidly.
I think the two basic ones that most people would use (Mono and Stereo instances) are not as CPU intensive...and if you use one an an Aux bus and just send your tracks to the Aux, rather than running multiple instances as track inserts...then it will be the least drain on CPU.

That said...time-based FX are always CPU intensive.

So, who got what and how do you like them?

Trueverb was snagged for free. The controls aren't great but adequate. It's a quick tool if I just need a touch of reverb.

Doubler ($19 after coupon) isn't all that impressive either, it tends to add too much pitch but I've already managed to tinker with the gain and pan settings for better fit. Channel Tools (free with Sonar) does a better job of creating a spread without any weird pitchy effects, while Doubler is better for a center track (like vocals) that you only need a touch of stereo widening/doubling. These two along with the Reel ADT I picked up a while back cover 99% of my doubling and stereo widening needs.

I never bothered with the h-reverb. I have enough reverb plugins already.

For any hold outs, H-Reverb is on sale right now for $99 with coupon:

Grab Bag Offers | Year End Sale 2015 | Waves

For the price I snagged it. It's better than anything I have and I'll solely use this moving forward.

I'm slowly piecing together a respectable collection of Waves plugins, ALL of them for much less than list price. Just need to be patient and pounce at the right time.

Back