Which VST do you consider when you want to add power to a standard rock chorus?

Tamate

Let's say you have a standar rock song and the Chorus is guitar wall + bass + Vocals + a riff.
Apart from psychoacoustic tricks and automation, I would like to add other sound layers. More power.

So I consider pads, or sub bass, sometimes a piano.

Do you have other options?

Maybe a guitar VST? Which one?

Thank you in advance

Piano is good because it sounds different from the rest of the instruments and will have it's own presence.

Does it have to be a VST?? Do you mean VSTi?? I'd fill in with an organ or tremolo guitar. A lot depends on the song itself and what is already going on.

Close harmony background vocals works well.

...and never ever use a guitar sounding synth or VSTi. There is none that sound good.

I like the way Chili is thinking, without hearing the song.... Hammond style organ is always a nice builder sound - Rhodes or Wurlitzer style elec piano too... depending upon what you can get your hands on.

Plus one for the organs and extra ( replayed ) guitar parts with different amps. Anything that helps create contrast with the verse. If your verse is already busy and slamming, you might want to drop out a few instruments right before the chorus hits.

I read the stones always layered acoustic guitars as it was a cheap way to add fullness without crowding the electric rhythm.

Back