Transient plugins

jimmys69

MOODerator
Anyone have experience with transient plugs? I really like Transient Monster on snare drum, when it doesn't freak out and clip...

Looking for advice from users of other plugs before I spend the cash.

Cheers!

Yes (UAD here.
Control of attack or sustain (to the degree it can) independent of level.. what a powerful idea.
Probably use it on bass and guitars as much as anything else.

Does it clip 'cause your're using a ton of attack or sustain? .. Reduce the level going in?

The SPL Transient Designer is well reviewed and it does what it's supposed to do...pretty simple in its operation.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/spl_transient_designer_plus.html

You can get it from Plugin Alliance...but wait for a sale (they've been running weekend sales lately)...Thanksgiving weekend is IMO the best time for Plugin Alliance stuff...and then it runs the entire month of December, with daily specials, followed by and "all specials" day on the 23rd or 24th...at least that's what they've done the last couple of years. :)

I've picked up just about 32/3 of their entire product list that way. :p

Yeah, I downloaded the trial of SPL Transient Designer. Haven't had the chance to play with it yet. $200.

I bought a few of their cheap sale plugs and god bombarded with emails so I sent them to my spam folder...

I love how the Transient Monster sounds and it's simplicity. But lately it is giving me severe clipping glitches. Looked for an update but there is none available.

I am not alone in the issues with the plugin.

man, I thought you were already using a transient plug. You mentioned one quite a while ago which prompted me to buy the UAD Transient plug. Thought I'd give it a try. Honestly, doesn't seem to work well with my stuff. I'm probably just not turning the one knob good enough. lol

You owe me a beer for that. :drunk: :D

man, I thought you were already using a transient plug. You mentioned one quite a while ago which prompted me to buy the UAD Transient plug. Thought I'd give it a try. Honestly, doesn't seem to work well with my stuff. I'm probably just not turning the one knob good enough. lol

You owe me a beer for that. :drunk: :D

Yeah man, I am using the Transient Monster plug. And I love it-usually. Recently the thing just freaks the F out and sends a clipped signal. I am not sure what is causing that and many others are experiencing the same.

In regards to the beer, I have one chilled for you at the bar down the street. You only need to come to Denver to drink it. :)

I spent significant time comparing a half dozen transient plugins a year ago (including all mentioned in this thread) and TransReckon by eaReckon beat everything out in terms of functionality and sound quality to me. Aside from doing 'regular tests', I tried to stress all of the plugins with silly and extreme settings and this was the only plugin that didn't fall apart in some way. Stellar, IMO.

I spent significant time comparing a half dozen transient plugins a year ago (including all mentioned in this thread) and TransReckon by eaReckon beat everything out in terms of functionality and sound quality to me. Aside from doing 'regular tests', I tried to stress all of the plugins with silly and extreme settings and this was the only plugin that didn't fall apart in some way. Stellar, IMO.

I love it!

Thanks man. You rock! :thumbs up:

Back