Is There a Verbal Metronome Plugin?

mascis

Does anyone know of a software instrument / plugin that has a verbal counting metronome type feature?

I can find plenty of mobile apps but no audio plugins, I'm running Logic Pro X and need something like their Klopfgeist plugin except with a verbal count.

If anyone is interested in why I need this; I'm about to record a large collection of backing tracks (160) to help my students with their guitar grade exams. The backing tracks they use in the exam have verbal count ins over the music to let the performer know when to start their solo and then when to switch to a rhythm part. These are quick study pieces that they won't have seen before the exam, I'll be recording 20 examples for each grade so my students can get plenty of practice.

I know I could just record the audio of my own voice to use on each track but I thought it would be easier if there was a way I could use sounds that were midi triggered to use in a template, that way as I change the tempo of each backing track I make, I won't have to rerecord a new count in or move any audio parts around.

If anyone knows of anything that might help it could save me some time when making these tracks.

Thanks in advance for any responses

I had me a quick Google search, and found a free vst for windows called "metrognome"
The "click's" are wav files, so they can be replaced.

There are alot of free vst's online, so if metrognome vst sucks, I'm sure you'll find something better

You could build your own.
Record "one" and "two" and "three" and "four" and line them up with midi on the set bpm. You could simply line them on an audio track, but with midi they automatically change when re-setting the bpm.
Then loop or multiply over the length you need. Whatever fits you.

Thanks for the reply, I'd like to do this, I'll have a go tomorrow if I get chance. However I'm not great at working with midi. Could you explain in a bit more detail how I might 'line the audio up with midi on the set BPM'? I thought it might try to time stretch the audio if I did that...I'm using Logic Pro. I'll experiment with it tomorrow anyway.

Thanks

Meaning that yo setup your project with a set/or tempo track that MIDI will follow. Then it becomes easy.

I may have missed the software you are using. It should be easy. Though, nothing is easy in every DAW.

What DAW are you using? I may have missed that... Sorry Logic. I have no Mac experience. :(

Back