Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Synth vst options

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I've now had a go at getting the presets into synth1...It's not gone particularly well...The synth VST loads fine but when i try and load a preset there is nothing in the External zip... . All the 25,000 presets have been loaded into the zipbank folder in Synth 1 but have clearly not transferred across

Any Pointers?

I don't know much about file paths etc but i suspect the issue maybe something to do with where the folder sits and how it was opened. I initially installed winzip but then when i tried to use it wanted payment so i went for 7zip. Both the synth 1 folder and the presets have been put in the usual path to VSTs. I've rescanned etc but not showing at all. Using Reaper
    Last edited by mcmac74; 01-29-2020 at 13:19. Reason: more info

Thanks
    Managed to figure this now

Thanks
    "I had a look at air expand!2 Paj and noted it's going for 10 on one site...The fact that it sounds well ordered and has a slightly less imposing 2500 presets tempts me to get it now...."

. . . as long as you won't get upset when you see it goings for $1 or free. IMHO, it's worth more than 10 and it offers more than a lot of specialized one and two voice VST romplers that you'll come across, but, again, it will surely be cheaper than 10 in the future. There's also the issue that Xpand!2 is also part of the AIEP3 bundle upgrade that regularly goes on sale for as low as $60 and is LOADED with great stuff (although you do need at least one AIR Music Tech plugin to get the upgrade offer). If you just want to get an orchestral+ jones on in the meantime for free:
    VSCO Community
    Free VST plugins download : DSK Music
    ORCHESTRAL TOOLS (64-bit only)
    LABS - Free Virtual Instruments

And, don't forget to check these out:
    Top 10 Free Software For Music Production in 2019 - Audio Plugin Deals

There is simply no shortage of free stuff on the net, some of it exceptional and much of it quite useful.

Paj
    8^)
    Last edited by Paj; 01-31-2020 at 19:03.
    8^)

Thanks
    You might want to check out Deals page at pluginboutique.com --- they have iZotope's Iris, BreakTweaker, Stutter Edit, Trash, and the Elements series all on sale for $8.88 each for their 8th Birthday Sale until March 2. Iris and BreakTweaker may not be the easiest to quickly learn but that's because of their enhanced feature sets. There's not much doubt about their pedigree and quality.

Paj
    8^)
    8^)

Thanks
    The snag is that if you have over 3000 samples, you think you have everything until you don't! Auditioning endless numbers of sounds is everyday music technology now. If you buy the full Kontakt package, you will STILL keep buying more - PLUS, your ideal sample collection will be different to mine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob aylestone View Post
    The snag is that if you have over 3000 samples, you think you have everything until you don't! Auditioning endless numbers of sounds is everyday music technology now. If you buy the full Kontakt package, you will STILL keep buying more - PLUS, your ideal sample collection will be different to mine.
    Amen! The other day I started randomizing a single Massive patch and it just went on and on. If I spent as much time on The Market as I do on music and audio, I'd be buying NI---the company, not just the products---among others.* Thank God the passion is not for opioids.

Paj
    8^)

*"Not that there's anything wrong with that!"
    ---Seinfeld
    8^)

Thanks
    I bought a Native Instruments S61 mk 2 master keyboard as it appeared to offer quicker access to sounds by having a short sample of every patch rather than load, discard, load discard - and two things have happened. First is I have probaby thousands of sounds I didn't even know were already on my system, and second, the time saving is not as great as I thought as I now even more to choose from.

I should have realised when the time it took to grab all the little samples went on for ages - and this is just the NI libraries, now I find I use the stand alone ones even less! As a result my 'go to first' sounds are all different!

Thread Information