superior drummer question

metalj

Does anyone know a good tutorial video for the following application ? I have searched high and low and cannot find any help on this. Maybe I am just not using the correct terminology.

Real simple. I have real drums tracks recorded in Pro Tool using microphones. How do I route those drum tracks through Superior drummer to take advantage of is sounds and expansion pack they have ? I call it hit replacement, but not sure if that is the correct.

Thanks for any help.

I do not think you can do hit detection to trigger Superior Drummer. Unless you can create a midi track with the recorded drums. Then you can re-assign notes to the drums in SD.

If you want to play drums and trigger SD, you should consider getting eDrums. It would be a whole lot easier.

There are other programs out there where you can trigger samples from real drums (Steven Slate triggers, Drum-a-gog, maybe) but SD doesn't do it.

I do not think you can do hit detection to trigger Superior Drummer. Unless you can create a midi track with the recorded drums. Then you can re-assign notes to the drums in SD.

If you want to play drums and trigger SD, you should consider getting eDrums. It would be a whole lot easier.

There are other programs out there where you can trigger samples from real drums (Steven Slate triggers, Drum-a-gog, maybe) but SD doesn't do it.

Thats what I thought. Thanks. Checking out Slate stuff. Looks pretty good.

Check to see if you can convert the drum track(s) to MIDI, then route to SD,

Yeah...SD is not for that (but otherwise a great drum program).
What you want is Slate Trigger....that's that easiest/best way to convert the original drum tracks to MIDI tracks, and then feed that to SD....and/or you can use the drum samples in Trigger together with your original tracks, or a combination of all three.

Does anyone know a good tutorial video for the following application ? I have searched high and low and cannot find any help on this. Maybe I am just not using the correct terminology.

Real simple. I have real drums tracks recorded in Pro Tool using microphones. How do I route those drum tracks through Superior drummer to take advantage of is sounds and expansion pack they have ? I call it hit replacement, but not sure if that is the correct.

Thanks for any help.

You want to replace everything or just augment real drums with samples (e.g., kick, snare) .

I routinely have 3 kick samples (combo of slate and superior) that I manually place in pro tools using beat detective, cut and paste. It's pretty simple and not as time consuming as you might think. Kenny Gioia has some videos on how to do this method that are really good.

Reaper has a plugin that will trigger midi notes from an audio track, which you can then route to SD or any vsti. Doesn't such a thing exist for pro tools?

Back