Strings Vsts for Cubase - hip hop/dance

Crackhatch

I use Cubase and own the NI Komplete 9 package along with a few Cubase freebie vsts and to my surprise there are really no suitable strings for dance or hip hop. Classical strings sound far too rich. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any strings software (free if possible) I can put on cubase for dance/hip hop? This is a perfect example of the sound I'm after. Royalty Free Loops Samples Sounds Wavs Beats Download

I did an exhausting search on youtube yesterday, but to no avail.

About a month ago I asked a friend what he used for bass and strings on a tune he did and he laughed and told me it was an old Casio consumer synth (the kind with the built-in speakers). Everything takes on a life of it's own in the mix.

I think that you have the inexpensive version of the "right string sound" problem. The loop you referenced sounds like the type of string pad (patch/preset), played with polyphony, that you can get with virtually any hard/soft synth. Considering everything that comes with Komplete, it's more than likely that you can slice, mangle and plug a good string sample with Kontakt controls/Efx or find a native or third-party string patch for Massive that you can use or adjust.

Good luck,
Paj
8^)

Back