Steven Slate Trigger 2

spantini

COO of me, inc.
Anyone familiar with Slate's Trigger 2 drums?

I was browsing kits and can't afford the $299-$399 kits. Trigger 2 is on a 48hr sale ($79) and the demo video looks good - like a synth for drums.. only better.

LOL! This may be moot by the time I wake up tomorrow :p

Theyre good I used them for a while but found Superior Drummer 3s samples are really great. More expensive than 79 though

Trigger is more than a virtual drummer like BFD, SSD4, Superior Drummer, Addictive Drums, etc, etc., with a very different approach. It can replace/substitute/overdub drums in an audio loop or recorded track. You should read up on it to see what it will and won't do.

Paj
8^)

I did watch a short video which proved interesting. Though not having cymbals, there are many drum samples. The fact this can isolate instruments and overdub it's own is really cool.

My first thoughts were of using my current drumkit which has so-so sounds to actually write my parts, then using Trigger to overdub some much better ones.

At first, this looked like a decent price ($79), but I noticed one of it's requirements is an iLok Dongle, which could almost double the cost of usage. That suks. And now the sale is off - it's back to $149 + iLok $50... It's still seems a great product for the bucks, but I haven't the bucks.

Oh well.. I'll keep looking around.

Thanks, Paj.

I use Trigger 2 constantly. Platinum upgrade now actually. Still by default use the original Kick 5 from the original Trigger 1 in most recordings. Trigger 1 was only $100. Amazing how much better you can get a drum track to sound with ability to layer or in rare occasions replace a drum. It just gives way more control over the drums.

This is obviously a program for enhancing recorded drums. Not to create a drum track. Hence no cymbals.

I already have the ilok for other 3rd party plugs so the cost of that was spent a long time ago...

You might try emailing Steven Slate support directly. Maybe you can get the old deal...It can be amazing sometimes what you can get by merely asking.

Any chance of an academic discount?

LINK

Last edited:
Thanks, jimmy.

I'll have to pass this time around as I can't afford even the sale price if I have to purchase an iLok. I was gonna use my secret stash
of pocket change to get Trigger @ $79 - that's all I have in the budget for now.

I wouldn't be eligible for the academic discount, but I thank you for the heads up.

Thanks, jimmy.

I'll have to pass this time around as I can't afford even the sale price if I have to purchase an iLok. I was gonna use my secret stash
of pocket change to get Trigger @ $79 - that's all I have in the budget for now.

I wouldn't be eligible for the academic discount, but I thank you for the heads up.

Get some acoustic treatment in your room. Maybe I will throw out a Christmas gift for you this year if you are a good boy... :D

Get some acoustic treatment in your room. Maybe I will throw out a Christmas gift for you this year if you are a good boy... :D

Thanks, Santa.. :D I'll probably me relocating within the next year, so I'll be saving up for future room treatments.

;) My plan is to win the state lottery for about 300K-400K yearly then build a house on 10+ acres a few miles north of here. Of course, I'll have to build a real studio in a separate outbuilding.

I have SSD4 Platinum which does not require the dongle version of iLok so the end-user message from Steven Slate is somewhat bivalent but all of their software is very consistently rated as top shelf. Also, it looks like Trigger2 is backward-compatible with all the earlier dongle versions. If I were a Paladin-style producer I would surely embrace the dongle but here at home USB ports never seem to remain empty for too long. Maybe the software authorizer is something to start suggesting---and, please God, no Lightning dongles.

Paj
8^)

Thanks, Paj. Not requiring the dongle makes it more attractive, for sure. I'm adding it to my short list.

Back