Starter VSTS for Reaper

Start with ReaVerb. Just follow the steps in my screenshot. Load the ReaVerb Plugin, then navigate to the Impulse files. In that shot I was using the Samplicity IR files. Great collection.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll find that the other VSTs that use IR files operate in a similar manger.

What he said ^^

Whether you use ReaVerb or SIR, they do the same thing. Once you insert it as on the track, you have to open it where you will find a spot where you have to import a file. That's where the WAV goes.

Start with ReaVerb. Just follow the steps in my screenshot. Load the ReaVerb Plugin, then navigate to the Impulse files. In that shot I was using the Samplicity IR files. Great collection.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll find that the other VSTs that use IR files operate in a similar manger.

What he said ^^

Whether you use ReaVerb or SIR, they do the same thing. Once you insert it as on the track, you have to open it where you will find a spot where you have to import a file. That's where the WAV goes.

Ah...sorry missed that... I couldn't see the screenshot as viewing thread on my mobile and they don't open. ?

No problem. While cell phones are really handy and a godsend for many situations, I find them to be abysmal devices for browsing much of the internet. I'll wait until I sit down on my computer with the 24" screen so I can SEE things (it SUCKS getting old. The headlights get dimmer, the shocks and struts creak and sometimes the engine backfires! :D)

For reverbs, Look for some Convolution Impulse files. There are a number of them available free. You load the Reaper RS:Reverb VST, and then load the impulse file. You should be able to find various plate, room, hall and spring reverb impulse files. Then just adjust to taste. I think Waves audio has a library that is available free. Sound on Sound also has free impulse files here.

I like the Samplicity M7 reverbs. There are some really nice ones. The Samplicity site is down, but its still available in the Wayback archive.

Rich...I've downloaded Samplicity M7 reverbs...there are wav files for Left, Right and M - S...is there much point copying the left and right verbs into my folder or should I just stick to the stereo version?

Cheers
Mark

For Reaverb you just need the stereo version (unless you happen to want mono reverb which can be useful sometimes). It is also worth investigating the reverb generator in Reaverb as it can give some good results.

I'm not sure about always using the M-S. As I understand it, both the L and R versions are stereo, and the M-S is a combination. I read about this on SOS techniques/classic-stereo-widening . Unless there is a special reason for wanting to save disk space, why not leave both on. Try different ones and see if it makes a difference in your sound. Maybe you don't need the full effect.

I have played with the generator in Reaverb as well, but I tend to like the plate and some small hall reverbs.

For Reaverb you just need the stereo version (unless you happen to want mono reverb which can be useful sometimes). It is also worth investigating the reverb generator in Reaverb as it can give some good results.

I'm not sure about always using the M-S. As I understand it, both the L and R versions are stereo, and the M-S is a combination. I read about this on SOS techniques/classic-stereo-widening . Unless there is a special reason for wanting to save disk space, why not leave both on. Try different ones and see if it makes a difference in your sound. Maybe you don't need the full effect.

I have played with the generator in Reaverb as well, but I tend to like the plate and some small hall reverbs.

Thanks both

Hello fellow Reapers.

I posted this in the reaper reddit forum (cool guys in there by the way if you havnt checked it out)

Here is 30 FREE compressor VST for REAPER!

YouTube

Back