Spitfire Labs

Paj

Spitfire Audio Labs instruments are back and now they're in VST form. The first two, Soft Piano and Strings, are available for free download/installation at:

LABS

They download/install via Spitfire's own utility.

Paj
8^)

I have to say I'm very impressed with Spitfire products and bought Albion which is really useful for us.

Yeah--I have so much stuff to occupy myself, so I refuse to buy at MSRP but Albion---well, I'm just waiting for a nice 50% sale (I didn't want to stretch credentials for their previous ed discount). Their developers/composers really do a great service in providing info about the biz and the game in general.

Paj
8^)

I'm never sure if MSRP really applies to software, because the actual product just needs to be value for money. When I look at VSTi products I have a listen and judge what it can do for me, then try to match that to the price. Very often, it's just a tiny subset of the product that works for me. I bought the Kontakt package for lots of money and use a tiny proportion of it, but that tiny bit is good value to me, but most of the special offer products were actually worse because I only used a smaller proportion of the pruned down product.

I'm sort of in the same place---I don't regret good stuff, just know that software can be the subject of deep discounts. When I start fooling around with my NI and AIR stuff, with the exception of choirs, I wonder if I really needed anything else. Great time to be alive, though. I do love all those wonderful toys.

Paj
8^)

I just bought another Spitfire product - if you added it to your wish list before Christmas Day, there was a promise of an offer.

I tried it and loved it and nearly shelled out on the spot - but I added it to my wish list, and on xmas day, got an email with a code giving me 40% off - excellent and it's a great product.

Back