[SOLVED] Need info please - Amplitube Fender usage

spantini

COO of me, inc.
Ok, I'm a noobie when it comes to amp sims these days so I need some help here.

I don't have any, other than those which come with Reaper.

I'm looking at Amplitube's Fender package which says it can be used stand alone or VST. From what I've been able to find, looks like I'll need a host (Amplitube Max..?) to use as VST in Reaper. That's too much money for my budget.

Using as stand alone, what type of file(s) are the tracks being saved as? I couldn't dig up if they're .wav or.. whatever - I saw .amp sim mentioned somewhere. If they're .wav maybe I could record what I need as stand alone then transfer to Reaper.

.. mucking my way through

Thanks for your help :listeningmusic:

Last edited:
Dig.. dig.. dig..

I did find a thread at ikmultimedia.com from year 2012 where one of the posters mentions the stand alone recorder saves files as .at3h - then another poster says that file type is probably used when saving everything as a Project and then mentions, when saving, to select Export in the recorder section and there will be an option to save as .wav file.

So, if this is still applicable to 2018 products that would work out nicely. I could just buy the $99 Fender package and not the $499 "everything" package with the host.

That's exactly what I want to do but in some reviews I've read I got the impression the Fender package had to be run within an Amplitube host to be used as a VST in Reaper. That's what's got me cornfused. If I can use Reaper as the host I'm all for that! :listeningmusic:

I didn't want to spend the $99 on the Fender package then discover I needed their $499 program to host it.

As an amp sim noob I'm top of the class :D

The info on the product seems to be pretty clear about it just works as a plugin and I don’t see any other requirements. I’d just call someone at Sweetwater to confirm if you are unsure.

After fiddling with my google search phrasing, I finally wound up at the page I needed to be at for all this information in the first place. All the other ikmultimedia product pages I looked at lacked the detailed info of this page.

Here's the page with all the specs : IK Multimedia | Fender Collection for AmpliTube

Thanks again for your help Keith.

Last edited:
Back