Session Pro Horns

trane46

How do I set up Session pro horns in pro tools I want to use Trumpet, Trombone and Tenor Sax on Individual tracks. then bounce down to a single track. (step by step)

Thanks in advance

Trane46

What daw? I only have regular session horns, but I imagine it would require splitting up the midi so each can be bounced to audio independently.

Not sure about ProTools, I've never used it. But...have you tried setting up multiple MIDI tracks, one for each instance you want to record, and then routing each one to Session Horns one at a time? Once the audio is recorded you can do whatever you want with it from there. Not sure if there's an easier way to do it, maybe someone else with ProTools knowledge will see this and help.

How do I set up Session pro horns in pro tools I want to use Trumpet, Trombone and Tenor Sax on Individual tracks. then bounce down to a single track. (step by step)

Thanks in advance

Trane46
There's many vids on YT explaining how to route one instance of Kontakt Sample Player out to multiple channels. I watched and decided I am a musician not a techy so not going to waste my time learning another process. Instead i run an instance of Kontakt on a separate track as for each new instrument. My computer can handle it and it means that after any work/life related absence I can just pick up where i left off without having to brush up on the complicated routing bs that I find bites into my creativity time.

So, in your case. I would run 3 instances of Kontakt with 3 instances of SHP, selecting each instrument as desired and if supplied. I know in my standard SH that the minimum seems to be a pairing , although they may be split on the range.

Either way( routing or separate dedicated tracks), you'll need three instances of SHP running surely.

Back