Scuffham s-gear 2 (amp sim) now included with steven slate everything plan

easlern

Boredom artist
Apparently this started in January but I didn't even notice till they sent out an email that happened to mention the amp sim. The everything plan was a decent value when it started but they keep adding to it without raising the price and now I feel like it's a plain steal.

This sim is really impressive, it's definitely in a class above what I've been using. I felt like I needed to post about it because I know there are some other sim users on here who might wanna give it a try. I put it on a pianoteq electric keyboard too and it sounds great, real crunchy with a silvery sheen.

I don't much care for Slates subscription plan...I prefer to buy my plugs outright...I just hate hoe they want you to register your I-Lock key with a third party, and again, if you don't FOREVER keep up with the subscription service, you could one day find half of your mixes gone to shit because the plugs are no longer activated.

Buying them, and buying exactly and only the plugs I want/need appeals more to me...but that aside, I've owned the Scuffham amp sims for awhile now, and I mentioned them a few times here on HR when people say "what's a good amp sim"?

They are IMO one of the top quality amo sims out there, and I have some others too, from Braiworx and some of the Amplitube stuff to comapre against....but to tell the truth, to this day I've only tried them out when messing about with the guitar, but when it comes to recording, I always go back to my real amps and mic them up.
I only got the sims as a fall back, or who knows, there may come a time when my amps are all out for service or I simply can't get a good tone out of any of them.... that'll be the day, :D

Seriously though...I can dime an amp at 3:00AM in my studio, and I'm not going to bother anyone...so no real need to use the sims at this point...but yes, the Scuffham is certainly a great option if a sim needed. :thumbs up:

thanks for the post. checking it out. though I should probably give what I have a little more time since I just paid $179 for the Amp4 mesa boogie bundle two months ago. just now starting to like my sounds a little better than when I first bought it.

But I have heard real good things about both programs. Good deal - so that's a full fledged partnership between the 2 companies now? Weren't they/aren't they 2 diff organizations?

Yeah slate's been bundling 3rd party software with his subscription plan, I guess if he just likes something he puts in. They got partnerships with a reverb modeler, fabrice gabriel's own company (gabriel is also slate's designer) and probably a few others I'm not thinking of. I think he really wants the subscription plan to work.

Back