Thread: Risers & Impacts

Thanks

Risers & Impacts

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm looking for riser and impact libraries--preferably free, otherwise as cheap as possible (under $50 would be great).

For those who might be wondering what I'm referring to: "risers" create a "rising" sound, and "impacts" create an "impact" sound. (Totally counterintuitive, I know!)

These effects are typically used in EDM, but I find them useful for all kinds of styles.

Does anyone know of any decent inexpensive ones?

Thanks,
    Dirk

Thanks
    Here's one (dedicated classic, available expansions) on sale called "The Riser":
    Buy AIR Music Technology VST Plugins, AIR Music Technology Instruments and Effects, Download Online, About AIR Music Technology, Free Demo Plugins, VST, AU
    I think that this one is used more than most would admit to create/augment their own libraries.

A dedicated DAW pitch-wheel automation track will turn any sustained note into a riser or a fall

See if your synth has a long-duration setting for the portamento time---another easy way to do risers/fall with sustaining notes (especially nice if the portamento is polyphonic)

If you have Kontakt, by this point you probably shudder when you see another impact library, especially as a qualifier for a "cinematic" library. Also, if the samples in effects-based/cinematic Kontakt libraries are open-source, third-party libraries (e.g., Zero-G) that usually have the samples in WAV format (read the specs), they will be available for direct use in a DAW without Kontakt.

You should check to see if there is a patch library that covers this for your favorite synth (e.g., "Massive Fuel" for Massive from PulseSetter Sound).

Loops. All over the place in the impact category. A Google search will find them for you for free or for purchase.

Take any drum/percussion sample and add saturation/distortion/bit-crushing and pre- or post- reverb/delay (and stretching the tail of the sample) to roll your own impacts.

I hope this helps.

Paj
    8^)
    8^)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paj For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks a lot, Paj! That's super-helpful.

Thanks
    For the next 13 days or so: 25 impacts, 25 risers, quality sample/loop provider:
    Wicked Drum Hits by Black Octopus - LIMITED FREE DOWNLOAD! - Audio Plugin Deals

If you have the full version of Kontakt, can't complain about the price for this one:
    Orchestral Rise Builder | Kontakt

Paj
    8^)
    Last edited by Paj; 3 Weeks Ago at 22:32. Reason: added HPA feebie
    8^)

Thanks
    Create an account a Loopmasters for free. There you can get lot of free risers and effect-samples in demopacks

Thread Information