Possible MIDI problem (probable user error)

maxabillion

I am working with a mac, protools 9, m-audio fast track ultra, and an Akai mpd26.

Here's what I am trying to do: Use the Akai mpd26's drum pads to trigger sounds that I have .wav audio files of saved on my Itunes.

SO my question is, how do I assign a specific sound to a specific trigger (i.e. make PAD 1 on the Akai trigger the sound of BASSDRUM 1 .wav file in real time) so that I can build rhythms, and how do I record this?

I can get MIDI information to show up on the track when I create an INSTRUMENT track and engage the Akai, but no sound comes out of the speakers.

As far as I know, these samples are not apart of a plug-in and are basically just files on my computer. I'm technologically inept and lost haha. Help!

Look for a sampler plug in. That will build your "instrument", you will then put the samples on the corresponding MIDI notes (or if the sampler has a learn feature) so that when that signal is sent, that sample is triggered.

Others may know of a good sampler VST, or just do a search, there should be some free ones out there to at least give it a try.

Right on so I downloaded SampleTank 3 Free and it's got its own files of sounds, but I can't seem to figure out how to assign sounds to the pads. Is there a way to do this?

Back