OSX Replacement for MasterRecord (IOS) APp

jmcelroy

Hi all! I've been using an IOS plugin called MasterRecord for a while and I really love it but there's no OSX version and I'm looking for a good replacement. MasterRecord a tape-emulation plugin and I know that those have been discussed, in general, quit a bit. My specific use-case, though, is not well represented in those discussions from what I can see. Hence my question.

Specifically, I use MasterRecord as mix bus compression with all of the settings on default (no noise, warble, saturation, etc) and all I do is adjust the level until I'm getting about 2.5 or 3 db of compression on the loudest parts. I absolutely love the effect that it has and I have explored a few much more expensive OSX tape emulation plugins (made by Waves) without getting similar results.

Does anyone know of a good tape *compression* emulator for OSX that would work as a gentle bus compressor? Again, I don't need noise, warble, saturation/harmonics, etc. I'm not too worried about the price, just the functionality.

Thanks!

Back