Melodyne will not recognize the midi controller

LazerBeakShiek

Find Polaris..and Return
Meldodyne was installed. Using Reaper the Midi controller is enabled and working in other VSTs. I do not show the same tabs on top as any of the How to videos. So I am stumped. No midi tab on top. No keyboard input. What happened? What do I do? Where is the hidden place not n the manual I am supposed to click? It is not explained clearly enough in the setup portion. Not a plug and play experience.

Annotation 2020-02-12 133949.jpg

Last edited:
So I need to go where, The Melodyne Forum. Ask Where the damn midi tab is ?

Tip- write the manual so when the user search 'midi' , ITS NUMBER #1 in the results.

Triggering Melodyne audio from MIDI controller.. - KVR Audio
Thread after thread with no explainATION OF how..WTF? Seriously Im not stupid.

Google no help
manual no help
youtube no help

Man there is nothing more frustrating when the information just runs out.

Last edited:
Hey man, I ve had my share of frustrations already. Nobody uses melodyne? Or am I the only one with problem like these?

The FX tab in the first FX window, I have checked the 'send the midi keyboard data'. That is Reapers side. What is the Melodyne tab for it. There has to be one?

I am not sure what you are wanting to do. I think, what I know about other pitch editors (not sure what they call it), they export out as MIDI so you can then import it to a MIDI track, but I don't think there is any reason or way to use a controller for ??

I don't even understand what you are trying to do.

YouTube

---------- Update ----------

Yes, but where is the MIDI tab. NOtice in my picture there is none!

Look in his comments. NO ANSWERS! 5 people with the same problem.

I want to replace my VP9000.

Something that corrects the vocal in time. You sing it as a sample. Then play it on the keyboard and it sounds awesome. You play the exact notes in real time for the track.

Antares autone and melodyne both support the use of a midi keyboard to guide the sample,but how?

"Melodyne has a Play Notes feature where you can play the audio in the arrangement from a midi keyboard. If playback in Melodyne is stopped, the notes in the arrangement will be played in step mode at the pitch you're playing. If playback is running, the melody in the Melodyne arrangement will be played at the pitch you're playing. There's also a Transpose mode where the melody will be transposed according to the key you're playing (with C3 being center point where the melody is played back at the original pitch).

All of this only affects the playback but there's also an Edit Notes mode which works pretty much like the Play Notes mode except the notes will move to the pitches you play and stay there so you can edit the melody from your midi keyboard. This can be applied to one track or globally to the whole Melodyne arrangement."

I would think to replace you VS9000 you would want a sampler. Record the sound you want from your VS9000, put it in your sampler and tell it what was the base note of the sampler, then set attack, release, velocity etc. The use it as a VSTi.

The other thing you are talking about with Melodyne, I really don't think it works the way you think it does, but since I don't have that software, can't say for certain.

The youtube video shows Melodyne midi play mode. It is functionally the same as the Roland Elastic engine of the VP9000.

No, that is Melodyne also.

Watch the linked youtube video at 1:12 minutes.

YouTube

Unfortuneately I have no midi tab. Neither do the commenters asking the same question.
I started a post on the melodyne support community.

I'm with the rest of the folks here... I don't have Melodyne, never tried to use it, never even downloaded the demo version.
Sorry Shiek, I can't help you with this one.

I love my rack gear so much. It always works. Always has the same menus. Always responds to what is plugged into it. Always sounds the same.

Computers ruined it. Way too friggin complicated.

I don't think its necessarily too complicated, but you seem to want everything to work the way the old stuff did and you're wanting everything to work at once. As with anything, there's a learning curve. Slow down and take things in steps.

I've been playing with Reaper for almost 4 years, and I'm still learning stuff.

FWIW, I felt the same way when I started looking into video editing. I thought it would work like my audio editing software, but no, it's fundamentally different. While I'm not going to put out "Star Wars" or anything, I can now cut and paste videos, and add new audio to produce a somewhat finished product. Heck, I remember when I got my first digital video camera. THERE'S NO PAUSE BUTTON!!!! How do you pause the video? It kept making new files. You end up with 25 or 30 short files instead of one nice one like on Hi8 tape. I had to adjust my thinking, and now it makes sense.

In case anybody cared the resolution was, Meldodyne 4 and above has no external midi control.

Normally they add features. Its rare that those kinds of features get dropped, especially midi stuff, since EVERYTHING that kids do today is either midi or synth VST based.

I don't think its necessarily too complicated, but you seem to want everything to work the way the old stuff did

Yup.

I want keyboard controlled voice at some level of mix with original in VST form.

Like the 361 and 740 by Dolby were my secret weapons. The 740 was a Dobly / Pultec type EQ. The 361 is a legend and had no equal. As a population we were trained to like Dolby style encoding. It adds that certain something. 4 bands of particular compression.

The Aural exciter and big bottom was a harmonic generator. Not the same type of thing at all.

Last edited:
Back