Looking for some good free plugins

ex351d

I am using Reaper on a PC. I do not like the stock De-esser, maybe you can suggest me a good alternative. I have been using the comp/EQ and take compress the frequencies I need a de-esser to work on.

Also I would like a stereo compressor and a stereo EQ both for early mixing. Something I could use say, on a double tracked guitar or drums overheads. So it does compress the side where it goes louder only. Something that I do not need to make a preset in a mono plugin then go to the other side and place the same preset.

I am looking for free plugins, as I already have some outboard gear, and I'd like to keep spending on outboard gear. But it is nice to have a quick fix VST if I need to do some minor adjustments.

The ReaFIR plugin in compressor mode makes a pretty good de-esser.

This is what I've been using as a de-esser and it does a great job. It is better than the stock de-esser! It is way more complex than I need though.I am looking for something simpler, so I can set it up quicker.

VST4free is a site overflowing with free plugins. It's worth a look.

Strangely, while you are looking for alternatives to the Reaper set of plug-ins, I've been ditching alternatives and using just the Reaper ones more and more.

Strangely, while you are looking for alternatives to the Reaper set of plug-ins, I've been ditching alternatives and using just the Reaper ones more and more.

I actually enjoy a lot of the Reaper plugins. I also like a lot the free Focusrite compressor. I use it on most of the stuff such as toms, that I do not have hardware compressors for tracking. I like the ReaEQ, especially for subtractive EQ, but the Focusrite EQ is great to add space for double tracked electrics. I also use a couple of plugins from Variety of Sound. Particularly the reverb is fantastic.

I compress most most songs on the way in, sometimes even with 2 compressors. I would need the plugins for some minor imperfections/where I decide to compress on the way in. I'm looking for a very specific product because I can't seem to find in the Reaper. I cannot seem to get the stock de-esser to work for me. Also, I would like to find a stereo EQ and comp.

I spent a few years working with free 3rd party plugins. Some ok, some really cool. It more about if you are looking for something to do something a bit different than your DAW already has.

I found that for the most part, the ones included with my personal choice (Cubase) do the jobs well to a point.

Then when you get a bit more in to what is needed, there are plugs that do some things way better. But you need to know why they are better and cost $$$. That only comes with experience and your personal needs.

Airwindows DeEss is free, very powerful and somewhat unorthodox. Actually a lot of the Airwindows plugins (there are tons) are unorthodox. For one thing, there is no GUI. This keeps the size of the plugin and its CPU/resource footprint very low. It's not going to crash your computer from trying to look like brushed aluminum, but it can obliterate eththeth to the point where it thoundth like you have a lithp.

Without screwing up the high end.

Might be worth a try.

DeEss | Airwindows

This is what I've been using as a de-esser and it does a great job. It is better than the stock de-esser! It is way more complex than I need though.I am looking for something simpler, so I can set it up quicker.

Hm, it doesn't take me any longer to set it up than a single purpose de-esser.

Not judging, but it has been at least 5 years since I had a need for a de-ess plugin. I never really found a reason to be honest. May just be room/mic choice/performer.

It's 95% performer.

Likely.

And I don't record high school bands. Most of my projects are old school guys that still enjoy the ride. They tend to have years of working on tone and performing.

Time and experience is gold when recording or running sound. Non skilled performers tend to be a bit more tough to deal with to say the least...

Not judging, but it has been at least 5 years since I had a need for a de-ess plugin. I never really found a reason to be honest. May just be room/mic choice/performer.

The singer is a main problem for this. But I have to admit that sometimes, I do a bad mic choice, and I fall in this trap usually with thin male vocals. I try to beef them up using a darker mic. Then if they do not cit through well I start to boost the upermids and highs and start going into all sorts of problems!

I haven't been in the hunt for free plug-ins for many years. However, when I was, I would go to this site.

KVR: VST Plugins, Audio Units (AU Plugins) & AAX Audio Plugin News, Reviews and Community - plus iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android Audio App News Too (Virtual Instruments & Virtual Effects)

The site has changed since I last went there, but it seems to still have all the plugs.

Thank you, I think I got what I need from these 2 sites. I'll do a good test later on today!

i can advice - Krakli software, i know a developer, he doing really unique plugins, i used some of them in my music.:)

Back