Locating my VSTi in Reaper

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
OK, I've just installed EZ Drummer 2. Its the first VSTi I've installed.

I'm trying to get it to work with Reaper and I have no idea how. I know I've got to add FX to a track and then add it in but I can't work out how to get it into my list of VSTis.

You'll have to see where the .dll for EZDrummer was installed, and add that path to the "VST path" in the Reaper options. Give me a few minutes, I can give more specific instructions in about 30 minutes when I break for lunch. I'm working from home today so my studio computer is just downstairs.

OK, so it took me 12 hours instead of 30 minutes. But hopefully this will do. I'm in total video tutorial monger mode, so if you've got 10 minutes to learn a few basics of getting EZDrummer to work with Reaper, I hope that this'll get you going:

Am I correct in assuming you made this video? Great video.

Awesome of you to do that to help people out.

:thumbs up:

Am I correct in assuming you made this video? Great video.

Awesome of you to do that to help people out.

:thumbs up:

I did indeed, specifically for this thread! Hopefully people searching on YouTube will be able to get some use out of it as well.

Thanks man, I'm totally gung-ho about doing tutorial videos lately. I'm like a kid with a new toy, since I've learned how to record my screen and do commentary over it. Jeez, before long I'll be making hour-long videos of myself playing Minesweeper :D

Last edited:
Awesome. Cheers tad. I can see EZdrummer becoming a massive time sponge.

I did indeed, specifically for this thread! Hopefully people searching on YouTube will be able to get some use out of it as well.

Thanks man, I'm totally gung-ho about doing tutorial videos lately. I'm like a kid with a new toy, since I've learned how to record my screen and do commentary over it. Jeez, before long I'll be making hour-long videos of myself playing Minesweeper :D

Well that's friggen awesome! Man asks a question, you do a video. Helps everyone.

I dont even have easy drummer. ( I bribe em), but if i do get it, I'm coming straight here.
:D

Back