Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me? (iLok eLicenser)

Thanks

Is it just me? (iLok eLicenser)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Is it just me or does the iLok eLicenser software drive you crazy because, over and over again, a "...component is missing..." error message appears and you have to reinstall the eLicenser software. The reinstall is frustratingly stupid because you check the website for the latest version, and then you MUST uninstall the extant software and reboot, then install and reboot again. This is lovely crap when you're in the creative zone and your whole workflow is SNAFUed. Before I go on a rant with the software vendors that are using it and PACE itself, I gotta know: "Is it just me?"

Paj
    8^?
    8^)

Thanks
    I can't say it is just you, but I have never had any issues with ilok myself. 12 licenses and not one case of weirdness.

Bummer you have issues.

I have to wonder if it is system related. I have gone through many of those types of issues though not related to the ilok.
    PC Win10-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 5 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    I had this exact problem a couple of times. What I found out by searching online is that the service isn't running in the background anymore. Fortunately, it's easy to remedy:

Open Control Panel... System and Security... Administrative Tools... Services... PACE License Services... Start.

I'm not sure why it gets turned off; mine was off again when I just checked (it may have been off for a few days now), so I restarted it.
    Michael Rideout - Yamaha YPT-400/PSR-E433/PSR-E443/PSR-EW400/MX49BK; M-Audio Axiom 61-II
    Acoustica Mixcraft; PreSonus Studio One; Steinberg Cubase; etc.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaGtGruff For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGtGruff View Post
    I had this exact problem a couple of times. What I found out by searching online is that the service isn't running in the background anymore. Fortunately, it's easy to remedy:

Open Control Panel... System and Security... Administrative Tools... Services... PACE License Services... Start.

I'm not sure why it gets turned off; mine was off again when I just checked (it may have been off for a few days now), so I restarted it.
    One of those things that pisses off one user that doesn't happen to others.

Thanks SeaGtGruff for the post!
    PC Win10-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 10 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 5 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    SeaGtGruff: You're a sanity saver! Beats me why this info isn't an explicit part of the eLincenser trouble-shooter FAQ on their website.

Thanks again,
    Paj
    8^)
    8^)

Thanks
    Yeah, I don't know why this is happening, but one theory I read is that it could be caused by OS updates-- and I believe the first time it happened to me was after a major Windows 10 update got installed. The crazy thing is that when I checked on the service after finding a post about the issue, the service is set to start up automatically, so it should be starting up whenever I reboot the computer, but it seems that it doesn't always do that-- which may suggest that there's another service it depends on which isn't running when it tries to start up, or maybe that the PACE login information got cleared and needs to be reentered in the service's properties? Anyway, the first time it happened to me I followed the advice about reinstalling the manager, but it was already the latest version and uninstalling/reinstalling didn't do squat, so I had to search further before I found someone's post about the service.
    Michael Rideout - Yamaha YPT-400/PSR-E433/PSR-E443/PSR-EW400/MX49BK; M-Audio Axiom 61-II

Thanks
    Would this only apply to on line DAW's?
    I've only one set of plugs w/ ilok, but not on line.. Hmm so no 'OS updates too
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

Thanks
    I don't know why it happens or what situations/configurations it applies to. I do have a couple of DAWs that use iLok, but I don't use them much. On the other hand, I have several soft synths that use iLok, which I do use more regularly. I just got home after being away for a few days, and turned on my desktop computer which I'd shut down completely and unplugged-- when I checked it, the PACE service had started automatically as it's supposed to. But when I checked my laptop the other day, it had stopped. I hadn't actually shut down my laptop, just let it "hibernate" while I was driving to my sister's for Christmas, so maybe the service is getting stopped when the computer hibernates, then isn't getting started automatically when the computer wakes up because it isn't actually booting up, just waking up? I don't know; I'll have to experiment with some scenarios and see if I can make it happen on demand, then that might point the way to a solution?

Thanks
    I've also experienced the post-update and post-hibernate iLok failures. Hopefully, thanks to SeaGtGruff, the next time I'll be able to use the control panel to restart the service. My new problem is getting all/any of my Waves plugins to start/run after updating to their new Waves Central. I'm already on my third uninstall/reinstall/move licenses with this one. Seems like Waves fell out of love with Reaper.

Paj
    8^(
    8^)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paj View Post
    I've also experienced the post-update and post-hibernate iLok failures. Hopefully, thanks to SeaGtGruff, the next time I'll be able to use the control panel to restart the service. My new problem is getting all/any of my Waves plugins to start/run after updating to their new Waves Central. I'm already on my third uninstall/reinstall/move licenses with this one. Seems like Waves fell out of love with Reaper.

Paj
    8^(
    I was having some strange issues with Waves and Cubase at one point on my desktop. My system is online when I choose, but I found just setting it up on a flash drive (offline setup) there are no issues at all for me. One USB2 port on a hub along with my Cubase dongle and Ilok. Free sailing whether internet enabled or not.

Thread Information