iZOTOPE Nectar Elements Flash-deal

I got it on one of the other sale days. It might be good, but I can't get into it because it's all non-tweakabe presets (unlike the full version), and my impression was they're pretty dramatic in what they do to the track - I admit I haven't really tried them all. I've got another all-in-one vocal plugin - CLA vocals from Waves - I have the same sort of feeling about it - although you can modify the parameters in that one. I seem to prefer using individual plugins, often from different vendors, for those various things like compression, reverb, eq, etc., but that could change.

But - I could be using it and the waves one for educational and auditioning purposes - if I have a vocal track, I can run it through those presets to see what happens, and then if I like it, do something similar (and hopefully better for the mix) with the other individual plugins - (or maybe just use the preset - who knows). I could learn something, I bet.

I have this. It's good for what it is. Don't believe the hype that it's all presets that can't be manipulated. The software is in fact designed around presets (dozens and dozens of them, grouped by musical styles/genres), each of which is very customizable. Some of the things you can change for each setting are preamp level, loudness, amount/size/color of reverb, basic level control for compression, gate, and de-esser, EQ with a bunch of band points, and of course pitch correction where you can control correction speed, range, scale, and root note. I will caution, the pitch correction is probably the weakest tool in the kit, compared to something like Melodyne. But it costs much much less, so there's that.

image.jpg

Here is a screen shot. You basically select a preset and then tailor it to suit your needs.

. . I seem to prefer using individual plugins, often from different vendors, for those various things like compression, reverb, eq, etc., . .

IMO, the most efficient, judicious and practical approach.

I think I shall get my $20 worth out of these. I record 3-9 hours of 8-16 track sets per week and I'm going to try some presets on the tracks to get me out of a rut, different approaches, autodidact amusement, etc.---sort of opening a window for some fresh air. Yes, presets can drive you crazy if you let them,

BTW, this is not the only time I've seen GC or MusiciansFriend reduce the price on this package (this was the lowest that I've seen).

Paj
8^)

I think you will be happy with it for the price you paid. I got my copy on sale too and I am satisfied with it, use it often still, and would have paid more (especially knowing how much I still use it).

Back