How do you attach notes to your tracks via a VST?

Armistice

Son of Yoda
You know, amp settings, mic positions, guitars etc.

My new year's resolution was to make a note of every setting on everything so I can recreate it later... but I need a way to attach that to each track.

So Melda do a Notepad VST which allows you to do that but it's a bit clunky... because so many keys on a keyboard are used as hot keys that do things in the underlying DAWs (start and stop the "tape" via spacebar, for instance), it's a clunky solution having to use a mouse click to type a space in... and all punctuation.

Anyone got any better ideas?

Cheers

Are you using Reaper? Can't remember. It looks like it has a built-in notpad, just insert an empty item under the Insert... menu item.

Sticky notes inside Reaper - Cockos Confederated Forums

Out of curiosity I just fiddled around with this in Reaper v4.76. It's pretty cool. Inserting an empty item just puts a dummy item in the track lane with a text bubble over it. Click on the bubble and you have a little text editor where you can type notes, or you can insert images. So take a picture of your pedalboard, of the front of your amp, etc. Then you'll have a record of your settings, mic position, mic selection, and all of the knobs and everything.

I know this is not what you mean, but if it is something I am going to re-use, I will save the VST.

Are you using Reaper? Can't remember. It looks like it has a built-in notpad, just insert an empty item under the Insert... menu item.

Sticky notes inside Reaper - Cockos Confederated Forums

Out of curiosity I just fiddled around with this in Reaper v4.76. It's pretty cool. Inserting an empty item just puts a dummy item in the track lane with a text bubble over it. Click on the bubble and you have a little text editor where you can type notes, or you can insert images. So take a picture of your pedalboard, of the front of your amp, etc. Then you'll have a record of your settings, mic position, mic selection, and all of the knobs and everything.

Godamn it, I might have known those clever bastards at Cockos had already solved the problem. Thanks Tad... I'll check it out later. Sounds like exactly what I need...:D

Back